No matter your role in the construction industry–owner, developer, public entity, general contractor, subcontractor, surety or financial institution–we work alongside you from project conception to completion and beyond, mitigating risks and successfully resolving disputes.
Attorneys practicing Construction and Infrastructure Law at Procopio represent all segments of the construction industry including owners, developers, public entities, general contractors, subcontractors, sureties and financial institutions. We provide you guidance on the legal issues that arise at all stages of public and private construction projects.
Procopio’s Construction Law practice has been recognized for a decade by Chambers and Partners and is ranked nationally in both Construction Law and Construction Litigation by Best Lawyers in their Best Law Firms list. For the last three years Procopio has been ranked among the Top 50 Construction Law Firms by Construction Executive magazine.
In addition to speaking engagements, our construction attorneys are active with the International Bar Association – International Construction Projects Committee, the American Bar Association (ABA) Forum on the Construction Industry, the Associated General Contractors of America and other construction-related organizations. We are also partners with Meritas and LawExchange International working with clients around the world.
- Bid protests;
- Consulting during construction;
- Construction contract formation and performance;
- Contractual claims;
- Environmental and Land Use issues;
- Mechanic’s lien and Stop Notice claims;
- OSHA investigations and citations;
- State and federal False Claims Act claims;
- Surety bond claims;
- And more.
- Infrastructure. We have one of the most experienced and successful infrastructure practices in the United States, and our clients include public entities and large utility and water companies. Current engagements include representation of a United States water authority in defense of 70M+ in contractor claims on an 18km tunneling and pipeline project, as well as prosecution of multiple construction claims on behalf of a major international contractor on multiple California highway paving projects. Completed work includes the resolution of disputes on wind farm construction and at nuclear power plants.
- Hotels, Hospitality and Leisure. Our construction law team has represented contractors, as well as owners and developers of large hospitality and housing projects, including hotels, senior living developments, high rise condominiums, casinos and shopping centers.