Patent Prosecution and Counseling
Who doesn’t want a patent? What you need is a well-crafted patent portfolio that maximizes protection and value of your innovations and positions you for market growth. Work with a STEM-trained patent attorney who will partner with you for success.
Your intellectual property matters. Our Patent Prosecution and Counseling attorneys understand your business goals and bring experience and creativity to develop and implement effective patent development and protection strategies tailored to a global marketplace. Our patent attorneys are techies with law degrees, and many have had successful careers in a variety of innovative industries. We’ve been recognized by Juristat as one of the fastest-growing patent firms in the United States based on growth in applications, a reflection of the worth our clients find in our services.
- Preparation and prosecution of patent applications
- Worldwide patent procurement
- Portfolio development and commercialization
- Audits, due diligence and legal opinions
- Patent licensing, acquisition and sale
- Validity, patentability and infringement studies
- Appellate representation
- Patent litigation
Patent Prosecution and Counseling
- Successfully supported a U.S.-based oncology company in connection with strategic counseling and patent prosecution to support its novel antibody platform technology and product pipeline.
- Secured patent prosecution and portfolio development for a variety of medtech devices related to treatment of skin conditions.
- Obtained a critical patent for the top-selling video game accessory in the world.
- Prepared, filed and prosecuted an accelerated patent application resulting in a notice of allowance within thirty days of filing the application and grant of the U.S. patent in under four months.
- Led strategic counseling, patent prosecution and due diligence for a NASDAQ-listed otic drug delivery company.
- Successfully secured numerous U.S. patents for leading Japanese motor company.
- Secured patents and provided strategic counseling leading to the commercialization of coronary stents.
- Successfully represented a China-based regenerative medicine company and separately a China-based ophthalmic company in connection with strategic counseling and patent prosecution.
- Managed strategic counseling, patent prosecution and due diligence for a U.S.-based oncology drug delivery company.
- Provided strategic counseling and patent prosecution for a U.K.-based skincare and dermatology company.
- Provided strategic counseling, patent prosecution and due diligence for a U.S. university spinoff diagnostic company.
- Led strategic counseling and patent prosecution for a U.S.-based point-of-care (POC) diagnostic company.
- Prepared and filed numerous successful ex parte reexamination requests of competitor patents resulting in strategic delay of potential litigation and establishing intervening rights for the client.
- Handled a successful ex parte reexamination of a client’s patent asserted in litigation resulting in certification of the originally patented claims and substantial settlement of related litigation.
- Prepared, filed and successfully prosecuted a post-grant invalidity attack of a U.S. patent asserted against the client resulting in a final rejection and non-certification of originally patented claims and favorable settlement terms for the client in related litigation.
- Successfully managed a post grant inter partes reexamination of a client’s patents asserted in litigation resulting in certified claims that read on the competitor’s products.
- Successfully handled post grant opposition of a client’s European patent in the European Patent Office resulting in confirmed claims that read on the competitor’s products.
- Obtained a reissue patent for the client including original claims and new claims reading on a competitor’s products.