Licensing and Technology Transactions
Procopio’s attorneys bring decades of specialized experience serving Fortune 50, 100 and 500 companies in both domestic and international matters to resolve the most complex issues associated with licensing agreements. Our attorneys know your business and bring a unique, diverse background that focuses solely on protecting your company’s best interests. We have extensive experience in a variety of industries, including Biotech and Life Sciences, Software and Technology, Consumer Products, Government Agencies, E-commerce, Sports, Gaming and Entertainment.
How can we help you?
It all starts with a conversation. We know that every business has unique requirements and needs, and we sit down with you to discuss the best approach to licensing and protecting your products and services. From there we perform extensive research of your industry to ensure our agreed upon approach has taken all facets of your business into consideration.
What you can expect.
Fast, efficient, tailored service and proactive communication. Consider Procopio an invested member of your business team, dedicated to helping you succeed. We are strong negotiators and approach every project with a commitment and enthusiasm that we extend to each of our clients. Whatever your licensing needs, you can rest easy with Procopio’s team in your corner.
Why hire a licensing attorney?
There is simply no substitute for a specialist. Licensing is what we do, and protecting entrepreneurs, inventors, scientists and businesses is our passion. Let us help you avoid making costly errors that could leave you vulnerable to copyright, intellectual property or privacy infringements. Bottom line: We help you protect your assets so that you can focus on what matters most – the success of your business.
- Negotiation and preparation of a cross-license and collaboration agreement between a major international pharmaceutical company and a life science diagnostic company for the development and use of a companion diagnostic test in clinical trials for FDA approval of a drug. This included the future co-marketing and commercialization of the test with the drug.
- Negotiation and preparation of Software License Agreement between wireless embedded software technology company and publicly-traded multinational software technology corporation.
- Preparation and negotiation of numerous Master Software License and Consulting Services Agreements for data mining and data analytics software between our client and Fortune 500 and Fortune 100 companies.
- Preparation and negotiation of License and Services Agreement between very large healthcare organization and Fortune 50 company for software, intellectual property, hardware and customization services.
- Negotiation and preparation of Trademark and Technology License Agreement between U.S. nutraceutical manufacturer and Taiwanese company in the offshore production and distribution of health and wellness products in the Far East.
- Negotiation and preparation of Trademark and Copyright License Agreement for a publicly traded company with China based manufacturer for the production, marketing and distribution of well-known branded household products.
- Negotiation and preparation of a license agreement with a government prime contractor for the development and use of data for the eventual use by the U.S. government for satellite communications purposes.
- Co-branding agreements
- Data privacy, transfer and security
- Distribution and licensing agreements
- Exports and imports
- Information technology agreements
- Intellectual property licensing
- Materials transfer agreements
- Outsourcing and software licensing initiatives
- Reseller agreements
- Strategic alliances and joint ventures
- Supply agreements
- Case study. "China Licensing to Save Lives." February 23, 2021.
- Webinar: "How to Negotiate a License." William Belanger and Lana Turpie. PowerPoint and video recording. September 16, 2020.
- Webinar. "The ABCs of NDAs: Protect Your Company." Eli Mansour and Lana Turpie. PowerPoint and Video recording. August 25, 2020.
- Article. "Interim Final Rule Issued for Paycheck Protection Program." Eli Mansour. April 6, 2020.
- Article. "Business Assistance Funds under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act." Eli Mansour, Paul Johnson and William Smelko. March 27, 2020.