Matt focuses his practice on environmental, energy, and real estate matters. He is a member of the Real Estate & Environmental Practice Team.
In law school, Matt worked with the Veterans Legal Clinic to assist military veterans in matters relating to for-profit education litigation and Veterans Affairs disability rating claims. Matt received multiple awards and scholarships in law school, including the Owen Stark Heriot Award, the Veterans Legal Clinic Award, and CALI awards for obtaining the highest grades in his Climate Change Law and Policy, Law of American Democracy, and Law and Politics of Education classes.
Prior to joining Procopio, Matt served as a pilot in the U.S. Navy. He logged over 3,400 hours of flight time in multiple aircraft including the F/A-18E, T-45A/C, C-40A, and C-20G, and he recently served as the commanding officer of Fleet Logistics Support Squadron 51 based in Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii. Matt continues to work in the Navy Reserve as an Aviation Culture Workshop facilitator for Commander, Naval Air Forces.
- Member of the University of San Diego School of Law Alumni Board
- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law, 2015
- Joint Professional Military Education Phase I, United Sates Naval War College, 2011
- B.S., United States Naval Academy, 2000
- "Understanding The Reach Of California's Cap-and-Trade Program," June 2, 2021.