Jeff Stoke advises clients on a variety of matters related to real estate, leasing, environmental issues, finance, and corporate and securities matters. Jeff’s practice focuses on real estate, business and finance transactions. Jeff is the Chairman of Procopio’s Real Estate Practice Group. He has extensive experience in representing owners and developers of apartment, condominium, student housing, retail, office, industrial, power generation and mixed-use projects. Jeff is admitted to practice in all California and federal courts.
- Represents buyers and sellers in the transfer of developed and undeveloped properties of all sizes and varieties throughout the United States. Purchase transactions include mixed collateral financing, sale-leaseback transactions, title, zoning, easements, and environmental matters.
- Represents owners and developers of apartment condominium, student housing, retail, office, industrial and power generation projects throughout the United States. Matters include land use approvals, development agreements, demolition/building permits, airspace easements, environmental impact reports, construction financing, construction contracts, architectural contracts and special appearances before city, county and state boards and commissions.
- Represents landlords and tenants in major lease transactions relating to ground leases, and facility leases for housing, office, retail, financial, industrial, research and development, distribution and telecommunications uses.
- Represents developers and underwriters in the issuance of tax-exempt bonds to finance public, public-private and non-profit housing projects.
- Represents banks and private lenders in regard to all aspects of secured lending for business and commercial real estate ventures.
- Represents borrowers in regard to negotiation and documentation of loan modifications and other workout arrangements.
- Represents buyers and sellers of distressed assets, including the purchase of loans and loan portfolios.
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2020-present (Real Estate Law)
- 2019 West Coast Top Rated Lawyers, ALM
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent Rating
- "Top Lawyers,” San Diego Magazine, 2013-Present
- "Best of the Bar," San Diego Business Journal, 2015
- Southern California’s Top Rated Lawyers 2012 - 2015
- NAIOP San Diego – Board Member, Executive Committee
- NAIOP San Diego Foundation – Board Member
- USD Burnham-Moores Center for Real Estate – Commercial Real Estate Committee
- USD Continuing Education, Legal Aspects of Real Estate
- Boys and Girls Clubs of San Dieguito Foundation – Board Member
- San Diego Futures Foundation – Board Member
- Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce – Board Member, 2004-2017
- CCIM Institute – Member
- San Diego County Bar – Member, Real Estate and Business Sections
- San Diego North Economic Development Council - Member
- The State Bar of California – Former Zoning and Land Use Subsection Chairman
- Urban Land Institute – Member
- JD, Loyola Law School Los Angeles, 1986
- BA (Economics), University of California, Davis, 1982
- Huard, Ray. “Impact of Qualcomm’s Pain: Company to Vacate 5 Buildings in Sorrento Mesa,” San Diego Business Journal, May 10, 2018.
- Biberman, Thor Kamban. “New California ADA, energy laws come to the fore,” The Daily Transcript, February 25, 2013.
- Panelist. “Rent Control, What Apartment Owners Should Know,” Procopio, San Diego, Ca, November 21, 2019.
- Panelist. "California Landlord and Tenant Rights, Obligations and Remedies," Verizon Law Department, Irvine, Ca, August 7, 2018.
- Moderator. “How to Progress from Deal-to-Deal to Private Fund Investments,” IMN Winter Forum on Real Estate Opportunity & Private Fund Investing. Newport Beach, Ca, January 19, 2018.
- Moderator. “Reducing Costs and Improving Your Balance Sheet,” IMN Annual Real Estate CFO & COO Forum, San Diego, Ca, May 16, 2017.
- Speaker. “Ground Leases, Not Your Typical Leases,” CCIM, San Diego, Ca, April 19, 2017.
- Moderator. “Family Office: High Net Worth Panel,” IMN Annual Winter Forum on Real Estate Opportunity & Private Investing, Laguna Beach, Ca, January 19, 2017.
- Speaker. “Alta Surveys and Avoiding Costly Mistakes,” CCIM, San Diego, Ca, June 16, 2016.
- Panelist. “Insurance, Trademark & Risk Management,” CCIM, San Diego, Ca, November 11, 2015.
- Panelist. “Analyzing Tenant Financial Strength,” CCIM, San Diego, Ca, June 24, 2015.
- Moderator. “Assessing & Valuing CRE Sectors & Geographies,” IMN Real Estate Family Office & Private Wealth Management Forum, May 4, 2015.
- Speaker. “Title Reports and Policies,” CCIM, San Diego, Ca, February 18, 2015.
- Moderator. “Real Estate Investment in California vs. Other Key US CRE Markets,” IMN Annual Winter Forum on Real Estate Opportunity & Private Fund Investing, Laguna Beach, Ca, January 23, 2015.
- Speaker. “Advanced Letters of Intent and Purchase Agreements,” CCIM San Diego Chapter, San Diego, Ca, July 23, 2014.
- Panelist. “Avoiding Surprises in Buying and Selling Real Estate,” IMN 3rd Annual Real Estate General Counsel Forum (West), Newport Beach, Ca, May 5, 2014.
- Speaker. “What you don't know about the AIR lease will hurt you,” CCIM San Diego, San Diego, Ca, April 16, 2014.
- Speaker. “ADA Inspection & Energy Use,” CCIM San Diego Chapter, San Diego, Ca, February 19, 2014.
- Speaker. “Representations & Warranties,” CCIM San Diego Chapter, San Diego, Ca, September 18, 2013.
- Speaker. “Value Add Lease Provisions,” CCIM San Diego Chapter, San Diego, Ca, May 15, 2013.
- Speaker. “Anatomy of a Lease,” CCIM San Diego Chapter, San Diego, Ca, September 19, 2012.
- Speaker. “Purchase Agreements,” CCIM San Diego Chapter, San Diego, Ca, August 14, 2012.
- Speaker. “Letters of Intent,” CCIM San Diego Chapter, San Diego, Ca, June 13, 2012.
- Speaker. “Future of Redevelopment,” CCIM San Diego Chapter Lunch & Learn, San Diego, Ca, March 21, 2012.