Environment and Natural Resources
We recognize the increasing complexity in environmental law and regulation, and support our public and private sector clients with a team of experts providing comprehensive solutions on regulatory compliance, litigation, and any other legal challenge. Procopio represents companies from local startups to global enterprises in all matter of industries, as well as cities, counties and other municipalities and public agencies. No matter the transactional or regulatory enforcement or compliance challenges you face, we proactively prepare you to navigate the legal landscape successfully, and step in reactively when the conditions change.
• Litigation on behalf of public and private sector clients in federal and state courts, including land use, Superfund sites, complex toxic tort class actions, matters of alleged regulatory noncompliance, and challenges to municipal actions
• Securing operating licenses and permits and land use zoning and lease negotiations
• Ensuring regulatory compliance in air, water, land, recycling, hazardous waste and other contamination, asbestos, CEQA compliance and other areas
• Defense of enforcement actions
• Climate and sustainability planning
• Due diligence investigations
• Acquisition or sale of potentially contaminated land and insuring against risk
• Implementing biodiversity mitigation measures
• Counseling public entities on environmental planning, development, and regulatory compliance
“Procopio is a pillar of our region’s cleantech economy and sustainability community. We look to Procopio to help our member companies stay abreast of complex legal matters directly affecting their commercialization and business growth strategies. We’re blessed to have them on our team.”
-- Jason Anderson, President, CleanTECH San Diego
“From drought ordinances to water rate changes, to public works and labor matters, our team at Procopio has been by our side for over a decade. We depend on them to help us navigate major legal decisions that have a lasting impact on our business.”
-- Dave Seymour, General Manager, Rainbow Municipal Water District
“The Procopio team played a vital role in helping our business succeed, and yet their knowledge, commitment, and dedication are all secondary to how they treat their clients. We are honored to have them represent us and recommend them to anyone looking for counsel on environmental and energy issues.”
-- Eric Brandt, President, One World Beef
"Because of the range of services Procopio offers, we’re able to rely on their expertise in several areas including intellectual property, environmental regulation, public works contracting and dispute resolution. They ensured that all of our needs were met along the way- and we couldn’t be more pleased with their work.”
-- Kevin Hardy, General Manager, Encina Wastewater Authority
“For close to a decade, we’ve trusted Procopio to handle the legal needs of our incredibly advanced hybrid stormwater treatment systems. From protecting our multiple patents and trademarks, to executing important licensing and distribution agreements, our team at Procopio works closely with us to understand our business objectives and ensure we are taken care of – all while delivering consistent, favorable results, with the utmost in quality customer service.”
-- Greg B. Kent, President and Chief Executive Officer, Modular Wetland Systems, Inc.
DISCLAIMER: These testimonials or endorsements do not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter.