Steve Serna is a Senior Associate in Procopio’s Real Estate practice group. Steve represents real estate development companies, financial institutions, investors, and commercial lessors and tenants in all aspects of the acquisition, development and finance of real estate assets. His experience includes negotiating joint venture agreements, purchase agreements, loan agreements, development agreements, hotel management agreements, property management agreements, brokerage agreements and franchise agreements.
Steve earned his law degree from the University of California, Los Angeles School of Law in 2014, where he was elected to the Order of the Coif, served as the Vice President of the Real Estate Law Association and was awarded the Peter Bren Fellowship in Entrepreneurial Real Estate. He earned his B.A. from the University of California, Santa Barbara in 2010. He is admitted to practice law in California. He is also a licensed real estate broker in the state of California.
- Gemini Investments (Holdings) Limited in a joint venture with Rosemont Realty to acquire and manage institutional-quality commercial office properties.
- The Blackstone Group L.P. in the disposition of various hospitality assets located throughout the United States.
- Carey Watermark Investors, Inc. and Carey Watermark Investors 2, Inc., non-traded real estate investment trusts, in acquisitions of, investments in, and/or financings for, Bacara Resort & Spa (The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara), Charlotte Marriott City Center, Ritz-Carlton San Francisco, Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, San Diego Marriott La Jolla, Le Méridien Arlington, Seattle Marriott Bellevue, San Jose Marriott, Le Méridien Dallas (The Stoneleigh), Hawks Cay Resort, The Equinox, Hutton Hotel, Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa, Westin Pasadena, Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, and Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia.
- Starwood Capital Group, a private equity fund, in connection with all aspects of the acquisition, management, and licensing of various hospitality assets throughout the United States.
- Thor Urbana Capital in the negotiation of management and related ancillary agreements for the development of a Four Seasons luxury hotel and residential development in Belize.
- Private equity fund in joint venture, development, and licensing of a hotel property in San Francisco and related financing.
- San Diego Super Lawyers® Rising Star 2016-2021 (Real Estate Law)
- JD, UCLA School of Law, Order of the Coif, 2014
- BA (International Relations), University of California Santa Barbara, 2010