Sara G. Neva is a Senior Associate and counsels clients on real estate, finance and general business transactions. Her practice involves real estate property purchase and sale, commercial leases and easements, joint venture formation and other equity investments, financing, land use and entitlements. Sara is experienced with developers, builders, lenders, borrowers, commercial real estate investors, entrepreneurs, non-profit organizations and commercial landlords and tenants.
- Assisted a joint venture partner in over fifty land acquisitions for single- and multi-family residential development across several states, including entity formation, purchase agreement drafting and negotiation, title review and financing.
- Counseled client in the leasing and subsequent sale of a real estate portfolio consisting of numerous properties throughout the country.
- Assisted a property management and investment corporation client in obtaining multi-million loans for apartment complexes in Southern California.
- Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, Real Estate Law, 2020-2021
- 40 Under 40, SD Metro, 2021
- Women of Influence in the Law, San Diego Business Journal, 2021
- Leaders in Law, finalist, San Diego Business Journal, 2020
- Next Top Business Leader Under 40, San Diego Business Journal, 2020
- Top Attorney, SD Metro, 2020
- Leaders in Law Rising Star, San Diego Business Journal, 2019
- BIA Y-Gen, the emerging young professionals council of the San Diego Building Industry Association
- Downtown San Diego Partnership, Downtown Planning & Public Policy Committee Member
- Voices for Children, Court Appointed Special Advocate for foster children (past)
- Kappa Kappa Gamma at the University of San Diego, Advisor
- ULI Young Leaders
- Pro Bono Legal Counsel - San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program
- JD, University of Minnesota Law School, magna cum laude, 2014
- BS (Political Science with minors in Business and History), Santa Clara University, magna cum laude, 2011
- “2020 Leaders in Law Finalists,” San Diego Business Journal, November 9, 2020.
- 2020 NEXT Business Leader Under 40,” San Diego Business Journal, November 2, 2020.
- Graves, Brad. "Leaders in Law Awards Reflect Well on Legal Community," San Diego Business Journal, November 7, 2019.
- Jolly, Vik. “SDBJ Insider: Book Offers Advice From a Woman Who’s Been There,” San Diego Business Journal, February 17, 2019.
- Co-author. "2021 Rings in Impactful New California Real Estate Laws and Regulations," January 1, 2021.
- Contributor. "Multifamily Matters: Should Investors ‘Shelter In Place’?," Western Real Estate Business®, Volume 17, Issue 11, July 2020.
- “CARES Act and New Court Rules Impose Further Restrictions on Evictions,” April 29, 2020.
- "Proposed California Legislation Seeks to Expand Eviction Protections Including Rent Reduction,” April 29, 2020.
- Co-author. “Landlord-Tenant Issues, Granny Flats, HOAs and more: 2020 Real Estate and Land Use Updates,” January 7, 2020.
- “What Residential Landlords Need To Know About New Regulations Passed by the California Legislature,” September 24, 2019.
- Co-author. "2019 Finds Commercial and Residential Real Estate Owners Under New Laws and Regulations," January 29, 2019.
- Co-author. "2019 Brings Key New State and Federal Statutes and Regulations Critical to Native American Communities," January 29, 2019.
- Co-author. “Thinking of Relocating Your Business? The City of San Diego May Pay You to Stay,” Attorney Journal, San Diego, Volume 181, 2018.
- Co-author. “Thinking of Relocating Your Business? The City of San Diego May Pay You To Stay,” July 26, 2018.