Michael R. Kiesling is a Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent rated litigator who assists developers, landowners, contractors, and businesses in developing cost-effective solutions to complex real estate, construction, and commercial disputes. Michael has extensive experience litigating disputes involving contracts, title to property, construction claims, delays and liens, claims of fraud, eminent domain and condemnation, landlord-tenant issues, and business and corporate matters. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court, Southern, Central, Northern and Eastern Districts of California and the Court of Federal Claims.
- Served as co-trial counsel and obtained defense ruling and nearly $1M attorney fee award following two week contract and nuisance arbitration involving a commercial restaurant operation.
- Prosecuted $39M in delay and defect claims arising out of the construction of the luxury residential component of a mixed-use downtown high-rise.
- Prosecuted $30M in delay and defect claims arising out of the renovation of a high-end boutique hotel.
- Assisted multiple developer clients in recovering a total of over $5M advanced as deposits on new luxury residential condominium units that buyers contracted to purchase but later refused to close on.
- Obtained multiple dismissal of lawsuits before trial through motion work.
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent Rating
- The Daily Transcript Young Attorneys Finalist – 2009
- "Top Lawyers," (Construction) San Diego Magazine, 2017 - 2018
- Associated General Contractors of America – Construction Leadership Council
- YMCA Overnight Camping Branch – Former Member and Secretary of the Board of Management
- American Inns of Court, J. Clifford Wallace Chapter - Barrister
- American Inns of Court, Louis M. Welsh Chapter - Alumni
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- International Right of Way Association – Former Member
- San Diego County Bar Association
- JD, University of San Diego School of Law, cum laude, Order of the Coif, 2003 (San Diego Law Review, Executive Editor)
- BS (Microbiology), The Ohio State University, 2000
- “Procopio Elevates Pair of Lawyers To Partnership,” The Daily Transcript, January 14, 2019.
- Reuter, Elise. “Two Procopio Attorneys Promoted to Partner,” San Diego Business Journal Online, January 13, 2019.
- McIntyre, Andrew. "Justices Could Create 'Rush to Federal Court' in Fannie Case," Law360, November 14, 2016.
- Moran, Lyle. “Procopio’s Kiesling named to AGC’s Leadership Council,” The Daily Transcript, July 1, 2015.
- McIntyre, Andrew. “5 Things to Watch For After Approval Of $1.7B LA Stadium,” Law360, April 28, 2015.
- McIntyre, Andrew. “Raiders Renew Lease At Oakland Coliseum,” Law360, March 6, 2015.
- Co-presenter. “Construction Law Update," Construction Management Association of America, San Diego Chapter, May 10, 2017.
- "Landlords, Protect Your Property!" NAIOP, San Diego Chapter, August 16, 2016.