525 B Street, Suite 2200
San Diego, CA 92101
- Mergers & Acquisitions and Strategic Joint Ventures
- Tax, Corporate and Individual
- Tax, International
- Beer, Wine and Spirits
- Health Care
John’s practice includes various issues related to domestic and international business and tax planning. He assists clients in the development of business transactions including: general business matters; financing structures; mergers, acquisitions and restructurings; inbound and outbound investment planning; and related issues. He is also a founding member of Procopio’s Beer, Wine & Spirits Practice Group.
In his international tax practice, John counsels clients in international estate planning, cross-border mergers and acquisitions, pre-immigration planning, and FIRPTA planning.
Before joining Procopio, John was a licensed stock broker at a financial firm in Point Loma.
- Represented large company in the acquisition of various practices in optometric/ophthalmic space.
- Represented the sellers of a company in the social media space that specialized in the entertainment industry.
- Represented local med-tech company its sale to a large public company.
- Best Lawyers in America® Ones to Watch 2022 (Tax Law)
- San Diego Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars 2021 (Tax Law)
- Vice-Chair, International Tax subcommittee of the California Lawyers Association
- Adjunct Professor of Business Law, Fermanian School of Business, Point Loma Nazarene University (Former)
- Licensed foster and adoptive family
- JD, University of San Diego School of Law
- LL.M., (Taxation), University of San Diego School of Law
- BA, Point Loma Nazarene University
- “Request for Guidance Regarding Relevancy Requirement of Check-the-Box Regulations;” California Tax Lawyer, Vol 27, No. 2; August 2018
- "Request for Guidance Regarding Making Proper S Corporation Consents on Form 2553, Election by a Small Business Corporation;” California Lawyer’s Association Taxation Section; May 2019.