A well-crafted land use approach can be the difference between success and failure in your real estate endeavors. Let our experienced Land Use attorneys be part of your team as you navigate legal challenges from conception to completion.
No matter your role in a real estate development project, our Land Use attorneys bring specialized expertise to meet all of your land use, planning and entitlement matters. We work as an integral part of your development team of architects, engineers, and other consultants to successfully guide your project from conception to completion. Real estate developers and businesses benefit from our specialized experience in zoning, land use, planning, entitlements, and California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) for all product types including residential, commercial, industrial, institutional, and mixed-use projects, as well as project advocacy before local, regional and state agencies. We can also assist you in negotiating and drafting Development Agreements and by reviewing and drafting legally defensible environmental documents, land use ordinances, permit findings, and similar land use regulatory documents.
As a firm with multiple offices in California, we frequently represent developers and landowners in connection with disputes arising out of CEQA, the California Coastal Act, Density Bonus issues, and other development challenges unique to the ever-changing regulatory landscape of the Golden State.
With Procopio’s Land Use group, you’ll be able to work with land use planning specialists who can provide entitlement project management services, including coordination and management of the development team, preparation and coordination of permit application packages at the inception of a development project, through the entitlement process including coordination of public outreach, and negotiation with local, regional and state agency staff and decision makers, to defending hard-won project approvals in court.
In addition to broad experience and legal and technical expertise in environmental and land use issues, our attorneys have trusted working relationships with regulators, key legislators, city officials, community activists, and non-governmental organizations—all of whom influence environmental and land use policy and enforcement.
Our Land Use attorneys are part of Procopio’s robust Real Estate team, which has served a wide range of clients dating back to the founding of the firm. We’ll staff your needs efficiently and cost-effectively with a focus on your bottom line.
- Zoning issues
- Land use ordinances
- Project planning
- Development Agreements
- Permit findings
- California Environmental Quality Act
- California Coastal Act
- Density bonus issues
- Represented a large retail developer in obtaining land use approvals for the redevelopment of part of a large regional shopping center in UTC San Diego.
- Represented a large multi-family developer in obtaining land use entitlements and CEQA approvals for a large mixed-use project in San Diego’s Mission Valley.
- Represented a developer in obtaining land use entitlements and CEQA approvals for a controversial shopping center project in San Diego County.
- Represented a social services organization in obtaining land use entitlements for a transitional housing facility in San Diego.
- Advised a large multi-family joint venture in land use entitlement issues related to a large mixed-use project located in downtown San Diego.
- Completed land use due diligence in connection with acquisition of a $50 million, 1,000 unit residential project in Mission Valley.
Partner • San Diego, CA