525 B Street, Suite 2200
San Diego, CA 92101
Admissions: California ; United States Supreme Court ; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit ; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second, Fifth, Ninth and Tenth Circuits
Kendra J. Hall is a Certified Specialist in Appellate Law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. Kendra has served as lead counsel in nearly 150 civil appeal and writ proceedings, involving all aspects of civil law including business and commercial disputes, contract actions, employment, product liability and intellectual property disputes. She is also experienced in real estate and environmental matters, family law, trusts and estates, charter school litigation, anti-Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation (SLAPP) challenges, construction litigation, and medical and legal malpractice appeals. Kendra is admitted to practice before all the state courts of California, the U.S. District Court, Southern District of California, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second, Fifth, Ninth and Tenth Circuits, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court.
- 2019 West Coast Top Rated Lawyers, ALM
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent Rating
- Martindale-Hubbell® Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers™
- State Bar of California Board Certified Appellate Specialist, since 2003
- “Top Lawyers,” San Diego Magazine, 2013-2019
- San Diego Super Lawyers®, "Top 25: Women San Diego Super Lawyers List," 2009-2010, 2015-2016, 2018
- San Diego Super Lawyers®, "Top 50," 2016
- San Diego Super Lawyers® – 2007-2019 (Appellate)
- “Southern California Super Lawyers,” Super Lawyers Magazine, 2014-2016
- San Diego Business Journal “Best of the Bar” – 2015
- American Inns of Court, William B. Enright – Master
- San Diego Appellate Inn of Court - Master; Board of Directors
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- San Diego County Bar Association – Appellate Court Committee
- The Federal Bar Association
- Civil Appellate Self–Help Workshop – Volunteer (2015-2019)
- National Charity League (San Dieguito Chapter) (2009-2017)
- USD School of Law – Moot Court Judge (2013-2015)
- JD, University of San Diego School of Law, cum laude, 1993 (USD Law Review – member)
- BA, Loyola Marymount University, cum laude, 1990
- “Majority of U.S. States, 75 Members of Congress, and More Than 30 Organizations File Amicus Briefs in Support of Native American Families and Children,” News Maven, December 16, 2019.
- Westney, Andrew. “Native Groups, Profs, States Champion ICWA to 5th Circ.,” Law360, December 13, 2019.
- Graves, Brad. "Leaders in Law Awards Reflect Well on Legal Community," San Diego Business Journal, November 4, 2019.
- Westney, Andrew. “Feds Say Indian Child Welfare Law Must Stand,” Law360, January 17, 2019.
- USD Law Students Receive "Best Brief Award at 2015 Duberstein Moot Court Competition."
- Q&A With Procopio’s Kendra Hall,” Law360, April 30, 2013.
- Presenter. “Attracting, Keeping and Controlling Clients,” William B. Enright Chapter American Inns of Court, November 21, 2019
- Presenter. “Preserving Issues in the Trial Court for Appeal,” Bar Association of Northern San Diego County, October 10, 2018.
- Presenter. “Differences Between Practicing in the Ninth Circuit verses the California Courts of Appeal,” Appellate Inn of Court, June 22, 2017.
- Presenter. "Trial v. Arbitration: Advocacy that Avoids Appellate Landmines,” William B. Enright Chapter American Inns of Court, March 16, 2017.
- Presenter. “The Right to Privacy in a World with Little Privacy,” William B. Enright Chapter American Inns of Court, April 7, 2014.
- Presenter. “A Trial Lawyer’s Guide to the Standards of Appellate Review and Creating the Appellate Record,” William B. Enright Chapter American Inns of Court, November 15, 2012.
- Presenter. “Appellate Basics for the Legal Secretary,” San Diego Legal Secretaries Association, September 24, 2012.