525 B Street, Suite 2200
San Diego, CA 92101
- Latin America - US Cross-Border
- Tax, International
- Mergers & Acquisitions and Strategic Joint Ventures
Admissions: California ; Mexico
Juan D. Arau is part of Procopio’s Latin America and International Tax Practices. He counsels clients in a variety of industries with their business and corporate matters, including mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate restructuring, corporate governance, compliance, and a wide range of commercial agreements.
In his current position within Procopio, Juan assists other members of the International Tax Practice with the implementation of the corporate aspects of the strategies suggested to our clients.
Prior to joining Procopio, Juan worked 12 years with Baker McKenzie in Mexico in their Tijuana and Guadalajara offices. During that time he formed part of their Corporate (M&A) Practice for 7 years, until he was entrusted to establish and lead the Foreign Trade and Customs Practice in their Tijuana office.
He is admitted to practice law in California and Mexico.
- Counsels foreign companies and individuals looking to make investments and establish a presence in the United States.
- Represents foreign companies with respect to their U.S. matters, subsidiaries and operations.
- Advises on the acquisition and sale of Latin American companies owned by individuals in the U.S.
- Current member of the California Young Lawyers Association and the California Lawyers Association (Business Law Section).
- LL.M. Member of the Class of 2018 Permanent Committee, The University of Texas, School of Law.
- LL.M. Business Law Concentration, The University of Texas School of Law (Austin TX), 2018
- LL.B., Bachelor of Law, Universidad Autónoma de Baja California (UABC), Tijuana, Mexico, cum laude, 2009.
- As a member of our Firm, Juan has frequently traveled to Mexico along with other members of our Latin America Practice with the purpose of giving seminars about the legal system of the United States and how to do business in the country.
- Prior to joining Procopio Juan regularly participated in seminars and events organized by the Tijuana Economic Development Corporation (DEITAC), INDEX, ProMéxico, Asociación de Industriales de la Mesa de Otay (AIMO), the Western Maquila Trade Association, and others.