525 B Street, Suite 2200
San Diego, CA 92101
Admissions: California ; New York ; New Jersey ; U.S. District Court Southern, Central and Eastern District of California ; U.S. District Court Southern and Eastern District of New York ; U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
Elaine F. Harwell is a business litigation attorney and a trained privacy professional. Her practice is focused on representing clients in cybersecurity and data privacy matters, including litigating claims involving privacy issues, helping clients manage emerging risks and conduct privacy risk assessments, and advising on regulatory issues. Elaine has also been involved in numerous trials as well as arbitration proceedings related to contract and general business disputes, complex unfair competition and business practice claims, and professional liability. She has earned the ANSI-accredited Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US) credential through the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP). Elaine is also a frequent speaker and writer on legal issues surrounding privacy and data governance.
- San Diego County Bar Association’s Service Members Civil Relief Act Pro Bono Panel Program, assisting active duty military personnel
- Lawyers Club of San Diego
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers – San Diego
- JD, Seton Hall University School of Law, 2004
- BA, University of California, Los Angeles, 2000
- "Expanded Private Right of Action Proposed for California Consumer Privacy Act,” February 27, 2019.