Let us help you navigate the complex and ever-changing landscape of government contracting laws and regulations.
Government contractors look to Procopio for strategic legal counsel on a wide array of issues from compliance guidelines to claims resolution, including mediation, arbitration, civil jury trials and administrative hearings. Our attorneys help clients navigate the complex and ever-changing landscape of government contractor laws and regulations amongst fierce competition and high financial stakes. We partner with clients throughout the contract and grant process, from initial bid preparation through contract completion to project execution. Our goal is to anticipate obstacles while standing ready to act when a dispute arises.
- Contract drafting and negotiation with the federal government and California state and local agencies
- Contract performance disputes
- California and Federal False Claims Act counseling and litigation
- Bid protests (and related litigation) at the U.S. Government Accountability Office, U.S. Court of Federal Claims, federal district courts, and California state and local agencies
- Davis-Bacon and Prevailing Wage Law counseling and related litigation
- Miller Act litigation
- Assignments and novations
- Differing site conditions and scope changes
- Due diligence and M&A assistance
- Intellectual Property and data rights
Regulatory and Security Services
- Obtaining and opposing TROs/preliminary injunctions
- Corporate compliance programs
- Government contractor cybersecurity
- Export control compliance
- Protection of proprietary technical data
- Suspension and debarment issues with procurement agencies
- Satellite and space
- Life Sciences
- Information technology
- Commercial products and services
- Represented Global Fortune 50 electronics company with U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) contracts, and ITAR and EAR compliance.
- Represented Global Fortune 50 vehicle manufacturer with multiple U.S. DoD contracts, including ITAR compliance.
- Represented an aerospace company in litigation with a subcontractor over an U.S. Air Force contract as well as CFIUS compliance.
- Managed government contracting and subcontracting processes, corporate and licensing services for a defense and aerospace technology company.
- Successfully represented construction contractors in claims against the government in connection with schedule delays, changed conditions, and defective plans and specifications.
- Successfully defended contractors against violations of the California and Federal False Claim Act.
- Represented contractors in connection with Miller Act claims.
Partner • San Diego, CA
Partner and Privacy Officer • San Diego, CA
Partner • Palo Alto, CA
Associate • San Diego, CA
Associate • San Diego, CA