Procopio Hosting Full Startup Cohort in its Del Mar Heights LaunchPad Incubator
May 9, 2019 (San Diego) – Procopio is currently hosting a full cohort of promising startups in its LaunchPad incubator. Located in the law firm’s Del Mar Heights, California, office, the incubator hosts several startups at a time in a nine-month program focused on nurturing entrepreneurs from inception to launch. The current office and meeting space is a result of an office expansion completed last fall.
“Our LaunchPad incubator draws high caliber applicants, and our current class is the cream of the crop,” said Procopio Managing Partner John D. Alessio. “We’re thrilled to support such an incredible group of creative entrepreneurs in their earliest stages of company growth.”
The 2019 LaunchPad cohort includes:
- ClubHub, which offers a licensable Software Development Kit (SDK) powering a unique marketplace ecosystem featuring seamless financial and logistical transactions throughout an industry supply chain, driven by blockchain technology and artificial intelligence. Its SDK currently is in beta testing with Teleport™ Distributed App (dApp), a verified logistics marketplace connecting commercial connections of contractors, transportation companies and materials providers throughout the construction process. The company is led by CEO Daniel Klunk, Chief Strategy Officer Don Daley III and COO Jason Elsmore.
- Edokonta, which offers a hardware-supported, cloud-based SAAS service to hospitals that guarantees tracking of critical mobile assets to 50cm in their facilities (IV pumps, ultrasounds, etc.). The company deploys asset tags, detection hardware and manages the system with disruptive technology that provides a solution enabling economical and reliable indoor, medical asset tracking. The company provides the most advanced location algorithms and proprietary methodologies, combined with a patentable implementation of commodity hardware wrapped up in an AI-enabled cloud. The company is led by President and CEO Pete DeAngelis, CTO Jon Siann, and COO Christopher Williams.
- GIVATAR, which is a tech startup with a mission to improve the consumer experience through intelligent avatar guidance. This advancement is made possible through GIVATAR Universal Platform, the company’s patented system for attaching personalized augmented and virtual reality messaging to real-world objects. The company’s first product under development targets the healthcare industry. GIVATAR is led by CEO Bill Becorest, CTO Eric Xiao and Senior Advisor Anggie Becorest.
- Ivy Energy, which is evolving the way that multi-unit buildings create and use energy. They enable multi-unit owners and management companies to increase market value by up to 2.5x CAPEX on an energy investment by using their intelligent energy monitoring and billing software to automate management operations. With California increasing their requirements on energy compliance, they allow real estate developers and owners to turn compliance into profits, all while saving energy consumers money on monthly electric bills. The company is led by CEO Dover Janis, Chief Business Development Officer Chris Calhoun, and VP of Operations Logan Carter.
- RealStir, which is the first mile proprietary Marketplace solution for Commercial Real Estate brokers, buyers, sellers, landlords, tenants, and all related CRE professionals. Realstir’s groundbreaking search engine technology combines listings with an on demand geo based smart layer for real estate professionals. In addition RealStir’s search engine works as the foundation for other professional based marketplace verticals such as residential agents, legal and medical. RealStir is led by CEO Walid Romaya and Senior VP for CRE Anthony Villasenor.
The LaunchPad by Procopio program has since 2012 provided high-technology entrepreneurs a place to start a new business. LaunchPad participants form their corporate structures, seek protection of core technology, acquire early funding, and grow their companies in dedicated space in Procopio’s Del Mar Heights office alongside attorneys who understand their industries and the path to success for emerging growth companies.
LaunchPad participants determine and formalize the appropriate corporate and capital structures, apply for and obtain protection of core technology and intellectual property, negotiate and close early stage funding, and grow their companies in dedicated space in Procopio’s Del Mar Heights office with targeted guidance from attorneys who understand their industries and the path to success for emerging growth companies. Potential LaunchPad participants can learn more at procopio.com/launchpad.