27 Procopio Attorneys Named 2019 Best Lawyers in America, 2 Win Lawyer of the Year Accolades
August 15, 2018 (San Diego) – Twenty-seven Procopio attorneys representing twenty-six areas of law in three metropolitan areas were named by their peers today to the Best Lawyers in America® 2019 list. Two Procopio Partners—Craig A. Ramseyer and Richard A. Heller—received prestigious Best Lawyers in America 2019 “Lawyer of the Year” accolades.
The Best Lawyers in America list is compiled annually through exhaustive peer-review surveys in which tens of thousands of leading lawyers provide confidential nominations and feedback.
Twenty-Five San Diego-Based Procopio Attorneys Were Recognized For Their Legal Expertise And Accomplishments In Various Practice Areas:
- Managing Partner John D. Alessio, Commercial Litigation, Litigation-Intellectual Property and Litigation-Real Estate
- Partner and Health Care Practice Group Leader Richard D. Barton, Medical Malpractice Law-Defendants and Personal Injury Litigation-Defendants
- Of Counsel and Tax Team Vice Chair David C. Boatwright, Tax Law
- Partner Michele B. Brown, Family Law
- Partner and General Counsel Carole J. Buckner, Ethics and Professional Responsibility Law
- Partner Anthony J. Dain, Appellate Practice and Litigation-Patent
- Partner Susan L. Daly, Real Estate Law
- Partner Richard A. Heller, Litigation-Trusts and Estates
- Partner and Family Law Group Leader Lionel P. Hernholm, Jr., Family Law
- Partner, Management Committee Member, and Labor and Employment Law Group Leader Marie Burke Kenny, Employment Law-Management
- Of Counsel Phillip L. Kossy, Employment Law-Management and Litigation-Labor and Management
- Partner and Education and Charter Schools Group Co-Leader John C. Lemmo, Environmental Law
- Partner Robert A. Levy, Employment Law-Management and Labor Law-Management
- Partner Michael E. Lyon, Real Estate Law
- Partner and Aviation and Marine Group Leader Eli W. Mansour, Equipment Finance Law
- Partner and Tax Team Leader Patrick W. Martin, Tax Law
- Partner and Litigation Leader S. Todd Neal, Criminal Defense-White Collar and Personal Injury Litigation-Plaintiffs
- Partner Kerry K. Patterson, Native American Law
- Partner, Management Committee Member, and Construction Law Group Leader Craig A. Ramseyer, Construction Law and Litigation-Construction
- Partner George “Jody” L. Root, Jr., Health Care Law
- Senior Counsel Leslie A. Ryland, Family Law
- Partner Timothy E. Salter, Construction Law
- Partner and Management Committee Member Craig P. Sapin, Real Estate Law
- Partner Wendy L. Tucker, Employment Law-Individuals and Labor Law-Management
- Partner and Real Estate and Environmental Team Leader Thomas W. Turner, Jr., Real Estate Law
Two Additional Procopio Partners Were Recognized In Other Geographic Regions
Nevada-based Partner Lance Coburn was recognized in the field of Commercial Litigation, while Arizona-based Partner Paul E. Burns was recognized for Copyright Law, Litigation-Intellectual Property, Litigation-Patent, and Patent Law.
Two Procopio Attorneys Received “Lawyer of the Year” Awards:
Two Procopio attorneys were honored by their peers with “Lawyer of the Year” awards, with Craig A. Ramseyer recognized for Construction Law and Richard A. Heller for Litigation-Trusts and Estates.
Procopio attorneys and practice groups are routinely are named to various legal rankings lists, including Chambers and Partners®, Martindale-Hubbell®, and Super Lawyers®, and is ranked as the largest San Diego-based law firm by the San Diego Business Journal. An AmLaw 200 law firm, Procopio is ranked by American Lawyer magazine as a Top Ten AmLaw 200 Firm for Diversity.