Wendy L. Tucker
Services & Specializations
525 B Street, Suite 2200, San Diego, CA 92101
Wendy focuses on providing effective and practical counseling and advice to employers in all areas of employment law including terminations, leaves and accommodations, harassment and discrimination, wage and hour, management training and investigations. Her clients include public entities, charter schools and all types of other businesses. Leader of Procopio’s Labor & Employment Law team, Wendy is experienced in successfully helping employers handle personnel crises and in resolving workforce issues such as toxic workplace or ineffective management and staffing. She advises her clients on solutions and best practices to minimize the risk of litigation or other exposure. Wendy is also experienced is assisting clients with all phases of union activity including recognition, collective bargaining, grievances and unfair practice charges and has represented clients before the Public Employment Relations Board.
- Best Lawyers®, Labor Law-Management and Employment Law-Individuals, 2018-present
- Best Lawyers® Lawyer of the Year, Employment Law, 2021
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent Rating
- Top Lawyers, San Diego magazine, 2013-Present
- Woman Leader in the Law, American Lawyer magazine, 2021
- JD, University of San Diego School of Law, 1994
- BA (Political Science and French), The University of Montana, 1988
- Presenter. “Wage and Hour Rules Every Charter School Needs to Know!” 2023 CCSA Conference, Sacramento, CA, March 16, 2023.
- Co-Presenter. “Ask a Charter School Lawyer,” 2023 CCSA Conference, Sacramento, CA, March 15, 2023.
- Presenter. “Your Employee Has a Medical Issue: What Do You Do Now?” 2023 CCSA Conference, Sacramento, CA, March 14, 2023.
- Author. “Is Your School Complying With the New Pay Transparency Requirements?” March 8, 2023.
- Co-presenter. “Managing Toxic Employees in a Post-COVID World,” Procopio’s Annual Labor & Employment Law seminar, San Diego, November 3, 2022.
- Co-Presenter. “Wage and Hour Lessons from the Litigation Frontlines,” ACC San Diego, April 5, 2022.
- Co-presenter. “Sharing Resources Across Charter Schools: Best Practices,” 2022 CCSA Conference, March 17, 2022.
- Co-presenter. “Employee Accommodations and Leaves in the New Pandemic World,” 2022 CCSA Conference, March 17, 2022.
- Co-presenter. “Wage and Hour Lessons from the Litigation Frontlines,” ACC San Diego, April 5, 2022.
- Co-presenter. “Compensation and Employee Perks: Keep Your School in Compliance and Your Employees Happy and Motivated,” February 15, 2022.
- Co-presenter. “Leaves and Accommodations in the Era of COVID-19,” February 8, 2022.
- Co-presenter. “Keep Your Employers at Work: Latest Updates,” February 1, 2022.
- Co-presenter. “Top 10 Best Practices in Wage and Hour to Limit Your School’s Liability,” 2021 California Charter Schools Virtual Conference, March 16, 2021.
- Co-presenter. “Preventing California Wage and Hour Liability During a Pandemic,” Procopio Labor and Employment Virtual Seminar 2020, November 5, 2020.
- Co-presenter. “COVID-19 and Charter Schools: Your Legal Questions Answered,” April 16, 2020.
- Speaker. HR Building Blocks: Build A Strong HR Foundation for Your School, February 12, 2020.
- Speaker. HR Master Class: Advanced Employment Practices, March 2019.
- Speaker. Critical Tips to Avoid Wage and Hour Claims, March 2019.
- Speaker. Essential Employment Policies from A to Z, March, 2019.
- Speaker. Marijuana, Assistive Animals and Other Quirky Issues in the Workplace, November 8, 2018.
- Speaker. HR Building Blocks, Seminar/Webinar, December, 2018
- Speaker. Sex, Lies & Social Media, November 17, 2017.
- Speaker. So You Received An Employee Complaint…Now What?, November 16, 2017.
- Author. “Employee Social Media Use: How Employers Should (and Should Not) Address It,” November 13, 2017.
- Speaker. Employees Behaving Badly: Managing Employee Misconduct in the Workplace and in Cyberspace,” November 15, 2016.
- Co-author with Annie Macaleer. “Don’t Be Fooled! Employers Need to Update Their Policies and Practices by April 1!” March 23, 2016.
- Speaker. Effective Management, Motivation and Discipline, January 28, 2016.
- Speaker. Employees Gone Wild: Reasons You Need a Great Social Media Policy TODAY,” November 4, 2015.
- Speaker. Best Employment Policies and Practices: The First Line of Defense, March 19, 2015.
- Co-presenter. “Volunteers, Independent Contractors and Employees: What’s the Difference?” The 22nd Annual California Charter Schools Conference, Sacramento, CA, March 18, 2015.
- Speaker. Medical Marijuana, Madness and Medical Issues in the Workplace, March 18, 2015.
- Speaker. Effective Communication and Performance Feedback, March 17, 2015.
- Speaker. Sex, Lies and Facebook: Employer Concerns With Social Media, March 17, 2015.
- San Diego County Bar Association
- The State Bar of California
- Davis, Kristina. “Can your employer require a vaccine? Probably. So can a restaurant or hotel,” The San Diego Union Tribune, April 8, 2021.