Timothy E. Salter
Services & Specializations
12544 High Bluff Drive, Suite 400, San Diego, CA 92130
Tim focuses on representing owners, sureties, general contractors and subcontractors in a variety of complex construction litigation matters. He is also experienced in including claims for delay, disruption and acceleration.
- Represented contractor on multi-million dollar Otay Water Treatment project. Contractor was accused of negligently performing the surface preparation, concrete repair and coating delamination.
- Represented contractor on multimillion dollar hotel subsidence litigation.
- Represented contractor on project for defects and delays alleged in excess of $500 million dollars.
- Represented general contractors in prosecution of extra work and delay claims on private mixed-use projects.
- Defended general contractor in extra work claim by subcontractor on public reservoir project.
- Represented subcontractor in prosecution of extra work claims on historic hotel renovation project.
- Represented insured in prosecution of coverage/bad faith action against insurance company.
- Best Lawyers®, Construction Law and Litigation-Construction, 2018-present
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent Rating
- Top Lawyers, San Diego magazine, 2013-present
- Who’s Who Legal for Construction Law, 2019
- JD, Santa Clara Law
- BS (Political Science), University of California, Berkeley
- Co-presenter: “Clean Up The Mess – Get Your Construction Project Back on Schedule and Avoid The Courtroom,” July 9, 2020.
- American Bar Association
- Big Brother Big Sister of San Diego County, Volunteer, Mentor
- San Diego County Bar Association