US Patent & Trademark Office
525 B Street, Suite 2200, San Diego, CA 92101
Richard concentrates his practice primarily on the creation and execution of intellectual property strategies. He focuses on patent related matters, technology licensing, developing intellectual property strategies and related trademark and trade secret matters. Richard has assisted numerous clients, which include start-ups and established corporations, in developing successful patent portfolios. He has worked with companies having a wide range of technologies including communications, software, electronics, computer networks, lasers, optics, semiconductors, medical devices and bioinformatics. Richard has a broad range of experience in technology licensing and structuring domestic and international technology transactions. He worked as an engineer for Raytheon Corporation in the Missile Systems division.
- Developed intellectual property strategy for privately-held software security technology company and advised on intellectual property matters in subsequent $30M acquisition by public Internet networking company.
- Advised publicly-held global provider of broadband wireless communications products in connection with settlement of patent litigation and related license transaction.
- Developed intellectual property strategy for privately-held wireless technology company and advised on intellectual property matters in successful acquisition by a wireless service provider.
- JD, William & Mary Law School, 1989
- BS (Applied Sciences in Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science), Rutgers University, 1985
- Tech San Diego, Board of Directors
- CONNECT, Springboard Advisory Board, SME Advisory Board
- MIT Enterprise Forum, San Diego, Past President