12544 High Bluff Drive, Suite 400, San Diego, CA 92130
Jason represents private and publicly held companies, individuals and investment firms in a wide range of transactions from formation to finance, and eventually to exit or and acquisition. He focuses on mergers and acquisitions, capital finance, securities and general corporate matters. Jason’s experience includes the representation of both buyers and sellers in mergers, stock and asset purchases, management buyouts, reorganizations and related transactions. He has represented companies in a wide range of industries, including life sciences, medical devices, software and online services, consumer products, food and beverage and engineered products.
Jason co-chairs our Mergers & Acquisitions and Strategic Joint Ventures group and leads our Consumer Products and Food and Beverage practices.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented majority shareholders of healthy snack company in its $340M sale to an international food brand.
- Represented behavioral health company in its $33M sale to a leading private equity construction firm.
- Represented Nasdaq software simulation company in its acquisitions of a French software solution company, a clinical trial data analysis company, and a drug –induced liver analysis company collectively valued at over $30M.
- Represented online skateboard retailer in its sale to a private equity fund.
- Represented online retailer of baby products in its sale to a private equity fund.
- Represented agricultural supply company in its sale to an international private equity backed company for more than $50M.
- Represented provider of electric utility billing & data management services, energy portfolio management, and energy procurement strategies in its sale to a leading private equity firm.
- Represented the largest privately held nursing company in its $40M acquisition of a national provider of healthcare workforce solutions.
- Represented consumer products manufacturer in its $30M sale to a large, private equity-backed, strategic buyer.
- Represented manufacturer of custom cable solutions in its $25M sale to a global strategic buyer.
- Represented majority owner of a real estate development and management platform in its sale to a strategic buyer for $23M.
- Represented owners of regional food and beverage franchise chain in a $30M sale to a large private equity fund.
- Represented private equity sponsor in its majority acquisition of a pet food company.
- Represented medical supply company in its $160M sale to a leading healthcare private equity firm.
- Represented behavioral health company in its $33M sale to a leading private equity construction firm.
- Represented leasing platform housing company in its $250M sale to a leading Nasdaq provider of real estate software and data analytics company.
- Represented golf simulation company in its $30M sale to a private equity firm and golf manufacturing company.
- Represented Nasdaq software simulation company in its acquisition of a clinical trial data analysis company and a drug –induced liver analysis company valued at over $15M.
- Represented Irish pharmaceutical company in $2.5B merger with a NASDAQ pharmaceutical company.
- Represented management in their $165M buyout of the US operations of a large London Stock Exchange homebuilder, which included a separately negotiated $60M private financing component.
- Represented medical device manufacturer in its $30M sale to German acquirer.
- Represented transportation company in its $27M acquisition by a private equity fund.
- Represented NYSE company in acquisition of 50 cash advance companies in Southern California.
- Represented Italian biotech company in significant licensing/stock deal with NASDAQ biopharma company.
- Represented large privately held international life-sciences company in connection with the $95M sale of its, and its subsidiaries, outstanding capital stock to a global provider of biological products and enabling technologies listed on the NASDAQ national stock market.
- Represented a large state pension fund in connection with the disposition of its approximately $70M investment in two international real estate funds.
- Represented a subsidiary of a large publicly-traded homebuilder in connection with the approximately $48M acquisition of all of the outstanding equity of a local developer.
- Represented a leading wholesale distributor in connection with strategic acquisitions totaling more than $45M.
- Represented large privately held foreign corporation in connection with its $30M acquisition of US-based software company.
- Represented Internet-based information technology company in connection with its $30M acquisition by a large strategic partner.
- Represented manufacturer of telecommunications equipment in connection with the approximately $25M acquisition of all of its outstanding equity to the US subsidiary of a large international conglomerate.
- Represented manufacturer in aerospace industry in connection with the sale of all of its outstanding equity for approximately $20M to a private equity fund.
- Represented high end hunting gear company in its $50M sale of minority interest to leading private consumer growth equity firm.
- Represented leading alternative creamer in its Series B Preferred round led by large private equity fund.
- Represented leading beverage company in its Series D Preferred round led by large private equity fund.
- Represented Irish biotechnology company in $87M secondary public offering of shares in a NASDAQ biopharmaceutical company.
- Represented one of a group of investors in connection with the $500M financing of a production company.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company listed on NASDAQ in connection with $45M of PIPE financings.
- Represented a private company providing tools to foster safer driving and to aid in crash reconstruction in connection with an offering of Series D Preferred Stock to investors for approximately $41M.
- Represented one of a group of investors in connection with the $40.5M financing of an AMEX listed pharmaceutical company.
- Represented underwriter in connection with a $15M firmly underwritten public offering.
- Represented provider of interactive digital broadband services in connection with $15M financing by several institutional investors led by NYSE listed company.
“I have had the good fortune of working with Jason Femrite at Procopio on multiple transactions, both as an investment banker when we worked together to represent clients, and then as a client myself when nutpods was raising capital. I have always appreciated Jason and the Procopio team because they blend deep transaction experience with a practical style that is easy to work with and effective. They know how to identify and push on the important issues, to keep the deal progressing and not bogged down on minor points. Anyone would be in excellent hands with the Procopio team. Having worked together for many years, I consider Jason both an excellent attorney and a personal friend.” — Geoff Haydon, Co-Owner & CFO, nutpods
“I’ve had the pleasure of working with James Kramer and Jason Femrite at Procopio on multiple topics including capital markets and IP. In a word, they are great partners. They took the time to understand our small but fast-growing business, ask insightful questions, and provide balanced advice. We especially appreciate their responsiveness and balance. They have earned our trust. What started as a specific capital markets project, has blossomed into Humm consulting Procopio on all legal matters. With Procopio we have lawyers we trust and respect and who know us – that marshal the right resources and deliver bespoke solutions.” — Matt Witherell, President and CEO, Humm Kombucha
These testimonials do not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter.
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent Rating
- Top Lawyers, San Diego magazine, 2013-present
- Southern California’s Top Rated Lawyers, Legal Leaders, 2012-2016
- Best of the Bar, San Diego Business Journal, 2015
- JD, University of San Diego School of Law, cum laude, Order of the Coif, 1999
- BA (Political Science), University of California, San Diego, 1996
- Naturally San Diego, Board of Directors
- Association of Corporate Growth, Board of Directors
- San Diego County Bar Association
- San Diego Sport Innovators, Board of Directors
- San Diego Venture Group
- The State Bar of California
- UCSD Alumni Association
- “Aya Healthcare announces agreement to acquire Vizient Contract Labor Management; launches Vaya Workforce Solutions,” PR Newswire, August 9, 2021.
- “AEVEX Aerospace Announces Acquisitions of IKHANA Aircraft Services and Geodetics Incorporated,” Yahoo! Finance, October 5, 2020.
- “Simulations Plus Acquires Lixoft, Expanding Modeling Software Offerings and Broadening Presence in Europe,” Business Wire, April 2, 2020.
- “Procopio advises in AI company’s sale to global info business,” LA Daily Journal, August 20, 2019.
- “M&A: One Stop Systems Buys German Tech Supplier with Help from Procopio,” San Diego Daily Transcript, November 20, 2018.
- “Health Care Staffing Businesses Combine with Procopio Counsel,” November 13, 2018.
- “Exact Sciences Buy Biomatrica with Help from Procopio, Reed Smith,” San Diego Daily Transcript, October 30, 2018.
- “Linden Capital Invests in Solara Medical Supplies,” San Diego Daily Transcript, June 12, 2018.
- “Procopio Assists Nutpods in Securing Investment,” The Daily Transcript, December 19, 2017.
- “Simulations Plus taps Procopio in its purchase of simulation software provider for up to $10M,” Los Angeles Daily Journal, May 9, 2017.
- “Confluence Outdoor Acquires Boardworks,” Business Wire, January 5, 2015.
- Dorbian, Iris. “BRS Backs Rock-Climbing Shoe Brand Evolv,” The PE Hub Network, August 7, 2014.
- Fracassa, Dominic. “Procopio represents Italian drugmaker in sale to Salix,” Daily Journal, July 11, 2014.
- Bray, Chad. “Salix Pharmaceuticals to Buy Irish Company and Reincorporate Overseas,” New York Times Deal Book, July 9, 2014.
- Evans, Jeremy. “Time Out: How we Represent and Play in the Big Leagues,” San Diego Lawyer, July 1, 2013.
- “Procopio Partner Named to SD Sport Innovators Advisory Board,” SD Metro, May 1, 2012.
DISCLAIMER: Testimonials do not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter.