Dana R. Bessenecker
Services & Specializations
USDC, Southern District of California
525 B Street, Suite 2200, San Diego, CA 92101
Dana’s practice emphasizes the documentation and handling of real estate transactions, particularly real property purchase and sale, commercial leasing, easements and licenses. She represents buyers, sellers, landlords, tenants, operators and managers of a wide variety of commercial properties, including shopping centers, office buildings, industrial buildings, charter schools, medical buildings, residential developments and airplane facilities. Dana has clerked for the Hon. John E. Munter of the San Francisco Superior Court, and for the Hon. Louisa S. Porter, Presiding Magistrate Judge for the United States District Court, Southern District of California. She has been practicing real estate for over 25 years and has been with Procopio since 2005.
- Best Lawyers®, Real Estate Law, 2023-present
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent Rating
- Woman Leader in the Law, American Lawyer Magazine, 2021
- Top Lawyers, San Diego Magazine, 2013-present
- Wiley W. Manuel Award for Pro Bono, The State Bar of California, 2002
- Outstanding Service Award, Legal Aid Society of San Diego, 2001
- JD, UC Hastings College of the Law (Hastings Communications and Entertainment Law Journal Editor), 1995
- BA (Psychology, minor Law), University of California, Irvine, cum laude, 1992
- American Bar Association
- American Inns of Court, Luis M. Welsh Chapter
- CREW Network
- NBC’s “Ask-A-Lawyer”
- Project Concern International
- San Diego County Bar Association
- The State Bar of California
- “Community News,” Attorney Journal, June 1, 2012.
- Walbert, Claude. “Lawyer Sails Away From The Corporate Life,” Los Angeles Daily Journal, January 27, 2003.