Wendy Tucker’s practice focuses on providing effective and practical counseling and advice to employers in all areas of employment law including terminations, leaves and accommodations, harassment and discrimination, wage and hour, management training and investigations. Ms. Tucker is also experienced in successfully helping employers handle personnel crises and in resolving workforce issues such as toxic workplace or ineffective management and staffing. Ms. Tucker uses her extensive experience in defending all types of employment actions to advise her clients on solutions and best practices to minimize the risk of litigation or other exposure.
Ms. Tucker is also experienced is assisting clients with all phases of union activity including recognition, collective bargaining, grievances and unfair practice charges and has represented clients before the Public Employment Relations Board. Ms. Tucker’s clients include public entities, charter schools and all types of other businesses.
Ms. Tucker is admitted to practice before all federal courts in the State of California.
- The Best Lawyers in America® Lawyer of the Year 2021 (Employment Law)
- 2021 Woman Leader in the Law, American Lawyer Magazine
- 2019 West Coast Top Rated Lawyers, ALM
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2018-Present (Employment Law-Individuals, Labor Law-Management)
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent Rating
- "Top Lawyers,” San Diego Magazine, 2013-Present
- "Procopio Awarded Tier 1 Ranking for Employment Law - Management by U.S. News & World Report,” 2014-2016
- Southern California’s Top Rated Lawyers, 2012-2015
- Top Rated Lawyers In Healthcare 2013
- San Diego County Bar Association
- The State Bar of California
- JD, University of San Diego School of Law, 1994
- BA (Political Science and French), The University of Montana, 1988
- Davis, Kristina. "Can your employer require a vaccine? Probably. So can a restaurant or hotel," The San Diego Union Tribune, April 8, 2021.
- Co-presenter. "Top 10 Best Practices in Wage and Hour to Limit Your School's Liability," 2021 California Charter Schools Virtual Conference, March 16, 2021.
- Co-presenter. “Preventing California Wage and Hour Liability During a Pandemic,” Procopio Labor and Employment Virtual Seminar 2020, November 5, 2020.
- Co-presenter. “COVID-19 and Charter Schools: Your Legal Questions Answered,” April 16, 2020.
- HR Building Blocks: Build A Strong HR Foundation for Your School, February 12, 2020.
- HR Master Class: Advanced Employment Practices, March 2019.
- Critical Tips to Avoid Wage and Hour Claims, March 2019.
- Essential Employment Policies from A to Z, March, 2019.
- Marijuana, Assistive Animals and Other Quirky Issues in the Workplace, November 8, 2018.
- HR Building Blocks, Seminar/Webinar, December, 2018
- Sex, Lies & Social Media, November 17, 2017.
- So You Received An Employee Complaint…Now What?, November 16, 2017.
- Employees Behaving Badly: Managing Employee Misconduct in the Workplace and in Cyberspace,” November 15, 2016.
- Effective Management, Motivation and Discipline, January 28, 2016.
- Employees Gone Wild: Reasons You Need a Great Social Media Policy TODAY," November 4, 2015.
- Best Employment Policies and Practices: The First Line of Defense, March 19, 2015.
- Co-presenter. “Volunteers, Independent Contractors and Employees: What's the Difference?” The 22nd Annual California Charter Schools Conference, Sacramento, CA, March 18, 2015.
- Medical Marijuana, Madness and Medical Issues in the Workplace, March 18, 2015.
- Effective Communication and Performance Feedback, March 17, 2015.
- Sex, Lies and Facebook: Employer Concerns With Social Media, March 17, 2015.
- “Employee Social Media Use: How Employers Should (and Should Not) Address It,” November 13, 2017.
- Co-author with Annie Macaleer. "Don't Be Fooled! Employers Need to Update Their Policies and Practices by April 1!" March 23, 2016.