Timothy E. Salter advises clients on matters related to construction litigation. Tim’s practice focuses on representing owners, sureties, general contractors and subcontractors in a variety of complex construction litigation matters. He is also experienced in including claims for delay, disruption and acceleration. Tim is admitted to practice before all courts of the State of California, as well as the U.S. District Courts for Northern, Central and Southern Districts of California.
- Represented contractor on multi-million dollar Otay Water Treatment project. Contractor was accused of negligently performing the surface preparation, concrete repair and coating delamination.
- Represented contractor on multimillion dollar hotel subsidence litigation.
- Represented contractor on project for defects and delays alleged in excess of $500 million dollars.
- Represented general contractors in prosecution of extra work and delay claims on private mixed-use projects.
- Defended general contractor in extra work claim by subcontractor on public reservoir project.
- Represented subcontractor in prosecution of extra work claims on historic hotel renovation project.
- Represented insured in prosecution of coverage/bad faith action against insurance company.
- 2019 West Coast Top Rated Lawyers, ALM
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent Rating
- The Best Lawyers in America® - 2018-Present (Construction Law)
- Who’s Who Legal for Construction Law, 2019
- "Top Lawyers,” San Diego Magazine, 2013-Present
- Southern California's Top Rated Lawyers - 2012-2015
- American Bar Association
- Big Brother Big Sister of San Diego County – Volunteer, Mentor
- San Diego County Bar Association
- JD, Santa Clara Law
- BS (Political Science), University of California, Berkeley
- Co-presenter: “Clean Up The Mess – Get Your Construction Project Back on Schedule and Avoid The Courtroom,” July 9, 2020.