525 B Street, Suite 2200
San Diego, CA 92101
- Capital Markets and Securities
- Emerging Growth and Venture Capital
- Mergers & Acquisitions and Strategic Joint Ventures
Steven J. Untiedt counsels clients on corporate and securities, emerging growth and technology, and strategic joint ventures. Steve’s practice focuses on variety of business transactions including mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financings, and corporate and commercial law matters. He has extensive experience in representing technology companies ranging from start-up stage through financings and sale. Steve is admitted to practice in the federal courts.
- Represents medical device company from start-up stage through about $39M of venture capital financings.
- Represented cable data modem manufacturer in its acquisition by a public company in a stock sale at a $100M valuation.
- Represents largest owner and operator of roller hockey facilities in the US in its various equity financings.
- Represents various technology companies from start-up stage through financings and sale.
- Represented the largest independent insurance agency in San Diego in the sale of substantially all of its assets.
- Represented San Diego retailer in the refinancing of its $37M credit facilities with a new asset based lender.
- Represented public company headquartered in San Diego in acquiring, through merger, a San Francisco based company.
- Represents one of the largest San Diego based accounting firms in all corporate matters.
- 2019 West Coast Top Rated Lawyers, ALM
- "Top Lawyers,” San Diego Magazine, 2013-Present
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent Rating
- Southern California's Top Rated Lawyers - 2012-2015
- Top Rated Lawyer in Securities Law – 2013
- Top Rated Lawyer in Technology Law – 2013
- Entrepreneurial Management Center, SDSU - Board of Advisors
- NASDAQ-SDSU International Student Business Plan Competition - Judge
- San Diego Foundation for Innovation – Director
- San Diego Superior Court – Small Claims Division Judge Pro Tem
- JD, UCLA School of Law, 1980
- BA (Political Science), The University of Iowa, Phi Beta Kappa, 1977
- Moran, Lyle. “Law Briefs,” The Daily Transcript, March 18, 2015.