Dana R. Bessenecker counsels a variety of clients with their real estate transactions. Dana’s practice emphasizes real estate transactions, particularly real property purchase and sale, commercial leasing, easements and licenses. She has experience with owners and developers of shopping centers, commercial and industrial office buildings, residential developments and airplane facilities. Dana is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California.
While attending law school, Dana clerked for the Hon. John E. Munter of the San Francisco Superior Court. During her first two years in practice, she clerked for the Hon. Louisa S. Porter, Presiding Magistrate Judge for the United States District Court, Southern District of California. After her clerkship, she was an associate for almost two years at Hecht, Solberg, Robinson & Goldberg LLP, and for over three years at Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP. In 2003, Dana took a sabbatical from her law practice to sail around the Pacific on a 35-foot wood ketch with her husband Chris. After over two years abroad, Dana returned to San Diego and joined Procopio.
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent Rating
- “Top Lawyers,” San Diego Magazine, 2013-2018
- The State Bar of California’s Wiley W. Manuel Award – 2002 (Pro Bono)
- Legal Aid Society of San Diego Outstanding Service Award – 2001
- American Bar Association
- American Inns of Court, Luis M. Welsh Chapter
- CREW Network
- NBC’s “Ask-A-Lawyer”
- Project Concern International
- San Diego County Bar Association
- The State Bar of California
- JD, UC Hastings College of the Law (Hastings Communications and Entertainment Law Journal Editor), 1995
- BA (Psychology, minor Law), University of California, Irvine, cum laude, 1992
- “Community News,” Attorney Journal, June 1, 2012.
- Walbert, Claude. "Lawyer Sails Away From The Corporate Life," Los Angeles Daily Journal, January 27, 2003.