100 Spectrum Center Drive, Suite 520
Irvine, CA 92618
Charles Lin is a partner in Procopio’s Trusts, Estates and Probates practice, providing tax and estate planning counseling to high net-worth clients including business owners, C-suite executives, and investors in real estate. Providing outside general counsel services for many clients, much of his work includes entity formation and structuring and property tax reassessment issues. Charles focuses on all aspects of income, capital gains, gift, and estate tax planning, wealth and business succession planning, charitable planning, trust tax planning, and trust and probate administration.
As a member of Procopio’s International Tax team and Asia-Pacific Cross-Border practice, Charles advises cross-border and multi-national individuals and families on a number of international tax and estate planning issues, including, but not limited to, pre-immigration tax planning, expatriation, and investments in U.S. property. He speaks Mandarin, Japanese, and Taiwanese at fluid conversational levels.
- Orange County Asian American Bar Association, President, 2021-2022
- Orange County Asian American Bar Association, President-Elect, 2019-2020
- Orange County Asian American Bar Association, Treasurer, 2018-2019
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Member
- Association of Corporate Growth - Orange County, Rising Stars Events Committee Member
- Asian Pacific American Law Students Association (Former President)
- Tax Law Society (Member)
- L.L.M. Taxation; Certificate of Employee Benefits Law, Georgetown University Law Center, 2010
- J.D., Loyola Law School, 2008
- B.A., Occidental College, 2002