Amy S. Cannon counsels clients on a variety of real estate transactions. Amy’s practice focuses on real estate financing (including mezzanine financing and commercial mortgage lending), real estate purchase and sale, commercial leasing (including ground leases), easements, licenses, and related business matters. Amy’s experience includes representation of lenders, developers and owners of shopping centers, commercial and industrial office buildings, multi-family projects and residential subdivisions, commercial tenants and landlords, and property managers.
- Assists major financial institution in documenting and closing equity investments, mezzanine loans and commercial mortgage loans to commercial developers and property owners.
- Assisted client with a $750M portfolio acquisition involving 32 properties across 4 states and a $680M portfolio acquisition involving 12 properties across three states, which included negotiation of purchase agreement, title review, financing and overall logistics related to closing complex real estate transaction.
- Assisted client with securing development rights and documenting ground leases, subleases and licenses for the development of several medical office buildings on major hospital campus.
- Tulane University Law School Faculty Medal (for graduating first in her class)
- Church of St. Luke, El Cajon – Parish and Finance Councils
- San Diego County Bar Association
- The State Bar of California
• JD, Tulane University Law School, summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, 1998 (Tulane Law Review - Senior Editor/Notes and Comments)
• BA (Political Science), University of California, Berkeley, cum laude, 1987
- “Procopio law firm elevates five San Diego attorneys to partner,” San Diego Metro Daily Business Report, January 10, 2020.