Vietnam and Patent Protection: Observations, Developments and Strategies
As Vietnam rises as a consumer market, research hub and manufacturing center, patent rights are becoming increasingly important. In this podcast, we consider the impact of Vietnam’s increasing importance on patent strategy in various technology fields. We also provide our views on filing and prosecution strategy, as well as some updates and practical tips.
Procopio Asia Pacific group leader and IP Partner Miku Mehta joins three Principles from FPA Patent Attorneys, Tracey Hendy, Karen Bentley, and Desmond Tan for this robust discussion. Click below on “VIEW PDF” to read the transcript or “PLAY NOW” to hear the podcast.
- 2:55: Why a U.S. company would file for a patent in Vietnam
- 5:30: Areas of innovation growth and IP filings in Vietnam
- 6:40: Incentives in Vietnam for patent protection
- 9:58: Trends in Vietnam in trademarks, utility and design patents
- 13:00: Key things to know about filing for a patent in Vietnam
- 19:36: The Vietnamese approach to patenting computer-implimented inventions
- 21:02: The Vietnamese approach to patenting life sciences innovations
- 23:40: Final takeaways