Procopio Labor and Employment Law Partner Tyler Paetkau speaks November 4, 2021, in a webinar sponsored by the Alameda County Bar Association Labor & Employment Section. This webinar will address some of the common trade secrets, restrictive covenants, privacy and other issues that arise in a labor and employment practice, in light of dramatically increased employee mobility and use of personal devices for work purposes, including the following:
- Enforceable and unenforceable employment contract restrictions.
- Potential misappropriation counterclaims in employment discrimination and whistleblower cases.
- Best practices to safeguard the secrecy and economic value of trade secrets and other confidential and proprietary information, including exit interviews and new employee screening protocols.
- Unique issues with remote work and use of employees’ personal devices and equipment for work purposes.
- Emerging issues in trade secrets, restrictive covenants and unfair competition litigation and litigation-avoidance strategies.