The Dutch Route: Using the Netherlands to Build a Cost-Effective Global Patent Portfolio
Keeping costs in check is critical when pursuing patent protection, in particular for small and mid-sized companies. In this podcast, Procopio Partner Ernest Huang of Silicon Valley and AOMB Partner Ernest Baeten of the Netherlands discuss an innovative way in the Dutch patent system to get a peek at what the prior art is going to look like when you submit a provisional or normal patent application. The two explore how this approach can be cost-effective in the patent prosecution process, and possible implications in litigation.
Click below on “VIEW PDF” to read the transcript or “PLAY NOW” to hear the podcast.
- Overview of the Dutch patent system
- Filing in the Netherlands to obtain an EPO search report in a cost effective and timely manner to determine if further prosecution abroad is worthwhile
- Advantages of litigating in the Netherlands via a Dutch registration
- Ernest Huang, Partner, Procopio (Palo Alto, CA, USA)
- Ernest Baeten, Partner, AOMB (Arnhem, Netherlands)