The landmark California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) goes into effect just days from now, on January 1st, 2020. This sweeping law grants consumers extensive new rights over their personal information, including the ability to access what companies possess and demand deletion of data. Proposed regulations were recently announced by the state attorney general.
If your business interacts in any way with California consumers, you need to be ready now.
Join three privacy and cybersecurity legal experts in our complimentary webinar on Wednesday, December 4th at 12:00 pm PT. Procopio Privacy and Cybersecurity Group Leader Fred Taylor, Partner and General Counsel Carole Buckner, and Senior Counsel Elaine Harwell (CIPP/US) will address timely issues including:
• Notices required at the point of data collection
• Newly announced obligations regarding information disclosures
• Impacts on both your online and offline privacy practices
• The latest on information deletion obligations and procedures
• How to handle “do not sell” and “opt out” requests
• Information security requirements
WHAT: Procopio webinar on the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
WHEN: Wednesday, December 4, 2019 from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm PT
Date & Time
Patrick Ross, Senior Manager of Marketing & Communications
Suzie Jayyusi, Events Planner