Effective Date: March 9, 2022
1. Information We Collect
Within the last twelve (12) months, we have collected the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers, such as your name, mailing address, email address, zip code, telephone number, or other similar identifiers.
- California Customer Records (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), such as username, company name, job title, business email address, and department.
- Protected Classification Characteristics, such as age, gender, and national origin.
- Commercial Information, such as information about products or services purchased, obtained or considered.
- Internet/Network Information, such as your browsing history, log and analytics data, information about the device(s) used to access the services, domain server, search history and information regarding your interaction with our websites or services and other usage data.
- Geolocation Data, such as information about your physical location collected directly or geolocation features on your device, including your IP address.
- Profession/Employment Information, such as current employer and job title.
- Other Personal Information, such as personal information you provide to us in relation to a survey, comment, question, request or inquiry, information you provide when connecting a third-party account, product or service, and any other content you upload.
- Inferences, including information generated from your use of our services reflecting predictions about your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.
Procopio obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, when you provide it to us in any format to provide you with legal services, when you participate in our continuing legal education offerings, or when you sign up to receive our newsletter and other updates.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our website, interactions with our marketing correspondence, or interactions with products or services offered by us.
- From third parties. For example, from other parties involved in the legal services provided, including opposing parties or counsel, parties responding to subpoenas, or in conducting due diligence.
2. Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, to conduct litigation, close a deal or provide other legal services you request.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our website, products, and services.
- To process your requests, payments, or to prevent fraud.
- To protect our business interests, including to determine acceptable credit, legal, or other risks, to resolve potential or actual conflicts, and for collections purposes.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your website experience and interactions with us and to deliver content and product or legal service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and information through our website, third-party sites, and via email (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement or legal process requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Procopio’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Procopio is among the assets transferred.
3. Sharing Personal Information
Procopio may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. We may share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Parties involved in the rendering of legal services, including opposing parties and counsel, administrative bodies, government agencies, and courts.
- Subsidiaries and affiliates, including Procopio Business Advisors, LLC, and Procopio Real Estate Services, Inc., to facilitate requested services.
- Service providers, for example secure file sharing and transfer services to support the business.
- Collection agencies.
- State bar associations.
- Other clients or potential clients for the purpose of clearing conflicts, when necessary.
Sales of Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information, including in the preceding twelve (12) months.
4. Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Know and Data Portability Rights
In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that Procopio disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and verify your request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, we will identify the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Right to Delete
You may have the right to request that Procopio delete your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Please note your deletion request may impact our ability to conduct internal conflict checks.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Calling us toll-free at 833.791.0024
By mail: Privacy Officer, 525 B Street, Suite 2200, San Diego, CA 92101
We will need to verify your identity before processing your request. Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request related to your personal information. You may also make a request on behalf of your minor child. To designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, please provide us with a power of attorney or other legally binding written document signed by you and identifying your agent. We may also verify the identity of your designated agent.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
6. Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
7. Changes to Our Privacy Notice
Procopio reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our website, products, and services following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
8. Contact Information
Phone: (619) 515.3234
Toll free: (833) 791.0024
Procopio, Cory, Hargreaves & Savitch LLP
Attn: Privacy Officer
525 B Street, Suite 2200, San Diego, CA 92101