Procopio’s Hospitality Industry Group attorneys meet our clients’ needs around the world and in multiple areas of the law. We represent an array of clients operating in the leisure sector including hotels, resorts, casinos and restaurants.
We provide counsel to our clients in practically all aspects of the law including:
- Real estate and construction;
- Financing, refinancing and restructuring;
- Corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions;
- Intellectual property and licensing;
- Labor and employment;
- Environmental and zoning;
- Litigation & Dispute resolution;
- Securities, fund formation and joint ventures;
- Gaming operations;
- Privacy, data and cybersecurity protection; and
- Tax law.
We support clients across the hospitality industry, including:
- Numerous vacation resorts and casinos across the United States, Mexico and Europe in high-profile tourist destinations;
- Multiple Native American tribes in the licensing, construction and management of casinos, hotels and resorts;
- Numerous restaurants, chains and franchisees in matters from mergers and acquisitions to labor and employment;
- Lending institutions and borrowers in drafting and negotiating security documents and conducing real estate diligence and negotiating title policies for the financing, construction and development of hotel and casino projects in various parts of the United States and abroad.
Some of our many legal successes include representing:
- An owner of multiple hotels sites under flags in various locations throughout the United States in the drafting and negotiation of a purchase and sale agreements for the sale of various hotel properties and transfer of franchise agreements;
- A developer in its competing offer to buy Las Vegas hotel and casino out of bankruptcy and in the drafting and negotiation of a hotel management agreement with a leading hotel chain to operate the hotel on the site;
- Clients in Mexico that own and operate hotels in Cabo, Cancun, Riviera Maya, Mexico City, Guadalajara, Culiacan, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Celestun and Merida;
- A developer in the drafting and negotiation of a hotel management agreement with a regional hotel chain to operate the hotel to be constructed in Pennsylvania;
- A developer in the acquisition of an existing boutique hotel in Chicago, Illinois, and negotiation of a hotel management agreement;
- Omni and Kimpton properties and The Hard Rock Hotel in M&A transactions;
- An acquirer of hotel properties in Hawaii;
- The redeveloper of one of the oldest and most iconic hotels in San Diego;
- Tribal casinos in regulatory approval and construction projects;
- Various clients in land acquisition, financing, various joint venture agreements and negotiation of consultant agreements for numerous hotel development projects; and
- Multiple restaurants, resorts and casinos with employment law counsel.