Services & Specializations
- Litigation, Corporate and Commercial
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
525 B Street, Suite 2200, San Diego, CA 92101
Zag’s practice primarily focuses on corporate and commercial litigation and representing plaintiffs in serious injury and wrongful death matters. He represents clients in complex and high stakes business disputes in both state and federal court. Zag has represented clients, plaintiffs and defendants, in a broad range of civil matters between landlords and tenants, real estate buyers and sellers, majority and minority shareholders/members of LLCs, corporate governance, contract disputes, intellectual property, misappropriation of trade secrets, unfair business practices, defamation, defense of ADA and TCPA claims, and more. In addition to his litigation practice, Zag works with clients to develop a true understanding of their businesses and goals, and coordinates with the firm’s numerous practice areas to place clients in the best position possible to achieve those goals.
- Represented a CEO in a corporate takeover action by a shareholder. Obtained preliminary injunction securing the CEO’s status and seat on the Board of Directors, prevailed in Corporation’s Code § 709 proceeding, prevailed on attorneys’ fees motion, and secured judgment in CEO’s favor.
- Defended a company in breach of contract action filed by an independent contractor seeking $1.6 million in damages. After a two-day arbitration the Arbitrator awarded only $54,000.
- Defended a publicly traded company and related personnel against a former CEO’s claims for fraud, breach of contract, and additional claims seeking $19.5 million in damages. An early and aggressive approach resulted in a settlement valued at roughly $72,500.
- Defended a company and CEO against claims of harassment made by an employee. Secured a very favorable pre-litigation settlement.
- Defended a law firm against claims by a former partner alleging buyout was inappropriately calculated. Secured a very favorable settlement.
- Defended a large mortgage broker in a class action alleging violation of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). Secured a very favorable settlement.
- Assisted in obtaining a settlement for plaintiffs in a personal injury trucking case exceeding $8,000,000.
- Assisted in obtaining a multi-million dollar settlement for a surviving mother and daughter in a wrongful death case involving a dump trailer.
- Assisted in successfully defending a real estate developer against allegations of fraudulent transfer and other tort claims seeking to set aside a $32 million real estate transaction. Despite amending its complaint four times, the plaintiff did not survive the pleading stage and the case was dismissed without leave to amend. The Court also awarded our client significant attorneys’ fees.
- Successfully defended a landlord that was sued by its tenant in an effort to terminate the lease, alleging fraudulent inducement. By acting quickly, the case was mediated before filing a responsive pleading or conducting any discovery, and our client received a six-figure payment from the tenant for a space they never moved into.
- Successfully defended a company that was sued for over $1 million by a Saudi Arabian company, alleging a wide range of fraud and conspiracy claims. After attacking the complaint, the Court sustained our demurrer to all causes of action without leave to amend. The plaintiff appealed, and the Court of Appeal affirmed the judgment in full, awarding our client’s costs on appeal.
- Assisted in obtaining a multi-million dollar settlement on behalf of international vitamin manufacturer in Trade Libel action, further resulting in the removal of multiple URLs containing defamatory material from Google search results. After multiple subpoenas, the “anonymous” poster was tracked to a Starbucks within one mile from his home across the county.
- Assisted in successfully defending a Taiwanese electronic parts manufacturer against a $30,000,000 fraud and kickback claim brought by a national big-box retailer. Our client paid nothing on the claims against it and recovered a multi-million dollar breach of contract settlement.
- Best Lawyers in America® Ones to Watch, Commercial Litigation, 2022-2024
- JD, California Western School of Law, cum laude
- BS, San Diego State University
- Youth to the Core, Board of Directors
- Young Executive Society Council, University Club Atop Symphony Towers, Committee Member
- California Western School of Law, Adjunct Professor, Pre-Bar (Former)
- California Western School of Law Alumni Association, Board of Directors, Fostering Community Committee Co-Chair
- “Tribal Immunity Blocks ADA Violation Claims Over Tribe’s Gas Station/Store,” Mealey’s Daily News Update, July 11, 2022.
- Kutner, Max. “ADP Can’t Shake Calif. Employer’s Suit Over Pay Software,” Law360, January 5, 2021.
- “Procopio Presents Pro Bono Service Award to California Western Graduating Student,” California Western School of Law, July 1, 2020.
- “Inseego Suit Cites Representations Not In Deal, Sellers Say,” Law 360, November 17, 2017.