Thomas focuses on intellectual protection & management and is experienced in identifying and securing protections for inventions and brands worldwide, counseling on freedom to operate, IP risk mitigation, exclusionary strategy, licensing strategies, and enforcement of rights. He has over ten years of director-level corporate experience in the consumer packaged goods industry where he handled various technologies ranging from thermoplastics and carbon filtration to natural personal care and cleaning / laundry / disinfection formulation. Thomas also has extensive experience with IP infringement litigation and dispute resolution.
- Judith A. Powell Excellence in IP Award, American Corporate Counsel, 2014
- JD, Santa Clara University School of Law, 1990
- BS (Mechanical Engineering), University of California, Santa Barbara, 1986
- Half Moon Bay Surf Club – Boys & Girls Club of the Coastside, board member 2016-2020
- American Corporate Counsel, Intellectual Property Committee Co-Chair, 2012-2021