12544 High Bluff Drive, Suite 400, San Diego, CA 92130
200 Spectrum Center Drive, Suite 1650, Irvine, CA 92618
Takeshi focuses on mergers & acquisitions and strategic joint ventures and financing for a wide range of U.S. and international clients in life sciences and health care, technology, manufacturing, gaming, real estate and financial institutions. He provides counsel on corporate governance and structure and securities law compliance as well as high-yield, convertible, and secured debt offerings, recapitalizations, private equity and debt investments.
Mergers & Acquisitions and Strategic Joint Ventures
- Represented life sciences client in $518-million acquisition of therapeutic technology company.
- Represented equity firm in sale of healthcare pricing company to leading industry competitor.
- Represented a U.S.-based biopharma company in its $1.9-billion sale to a Belgian-based biopharma multinational.
- Represented a public company based in Japan in its $1.6-billion acquisition of an automotive interiors company.
- Represented an Australian public company in the establishment of a joint venture with a Japanese company.
- Represented an international gaming company in its investment in Series B round financing of a Japanese gaming company.
- Represented a Japanese robotics startup in its Series B round financing and bridge financing.
- Represented an international bank in connection with its solar project financing projects in Japan.
- Represented a U.S. data center operator in its proposed conversion to a real estate investment trust.
- JD, Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, CA, 2012
- BA, University of California at Los Angeles, 2002
- State Bar of California