US Patent & Trademark Office
200 Spectrum Center Drive, Suite 1650, Irvine, CA 92618
525 B Street, Suite 2200, San Diego, CA 92101
Rosie focuses on all areas of intellectual property law. She prepares and prosecutes domestic and international patent applications across numerous technologies, including medical devices, consumer devices, image recognition technologies, ophthalmic formulations and devices, pharmaceuticals, and nutraceuticals. Beyond patent prosecution, she prepares, prosecutes and enforces global trademark portfolios, and represents clients in enforcing their intellectual property rights before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Trial and Appeal Boards. Rosie also handles transactional matters, including working with the Intellectual Property Team, the Native American Practice Group, and with the Real Estate and Environmental Team on issues regarding license and sale of IP assets, gaming, and cultural resource protection. Rosie has worked in-house as intellectual property counsel for a leading global musical instruments company.
- Managed several large intellectual property portfolios, and counseled clients in matters relating to dispute resolution, portfolio development, contracts, and enforcement of IP rights U.S. and foreign markets.
- Filed and prosecuted hundreds of U.S. patent and trademark applications.
- Worked with associates globally to obtain and enforce foreign patents and trademark registrations for U.S. clients.
- Successfully settled numerous intellectual property disputes.
- Successfully appealed patent applications with the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
- Drafted and negotiated various agreements, including IP licensing agreements, master services agreements, design and manufacturing agreements, co-branding agreements, artist agreements, and settlement agreements.
- Worked closely with a team in successfully prosecuting a patent portfolio for a client later acquired by a large global pharmaceutical corporation.
- Best Lawyers® Ones to Watch, Intellectual Property Law and Native American Law, 2021-2024
- JD, UCLA School of Law, 2011
- JD, Candidate, Boston University School of Law, 2009
- BA, Biology, California State University, Northridge, 2007
- Author. “Generic.com” Can Be Eligible For Federal Trademark Registration,” July 1, 2020.
- Co-author. “What Errors Are Correctable? Intent-To-Use Trademark Applications, Part Three,” September 12, 2018.
- Co-author. “Is Your Trademark Application Assignment Proper? Intent-To-Use Trademark Applications, Part Two,” August 7, 2018.
- Co-author. “Is Your Intent to Use Bona Fide? Intent-to-Use Trademark Applications, Part One.” July 16, 2018.
- Orange County Lavender Bar Association, Board Member