Lance represents clients in domestic and international business litigation. He provides representation throughout the construction project process, from pre-construction strategy and contract drafting to lien and defect litigation on multi-billion dollar developments. Lance has extensive experience representing developers of resort hotels and casinos on the Las Vegas strip in complex construction law, intellectual property rights, and lien litigation. He also has counseled clients on a wide range of media law matters.
- Represented owner of one of the world’s largest mixed use development projects in a construction defect case involving claimed damages of approximately $400 million.
- Counseled clients in class action litigation.
- Represented clients in securities litigation, including matters alleging claims of unfair price and unfair process, 10b-5 fraud and stock manipulation.
- Counseled clients in defamation lawsuits and First Amendment challenges.
- Represented clients in labor law matters.
- Best Lawyers®, Commercial Litigation, Construction Litigation, and Construction Law, 2007-present
- JD, University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, 1997
- BA, University of Vermont, 1993
- Presenter. “City Center: Are You Ready to Rumble,” presentation on expert investigation and case management in litigation over the largest privately funded project in U.S. history, Construction Law Society of America (CLSA) North American Construction Law Symposium, New York City, November 30, 2017.
- Presenter. “The Use of Technology in Construction Litigation and the CityCenter/Harmon Case,” Nevada Bar, Construction Section CLE.
- Construction Lawyers Society of America, Fellow