Services & Specializations
12544 High Bluff Drive, Suite 400, San Diego, CA 92130
Kasia represents private and public companies in corporate and securities matters, including private financings, public offerings, M&A, joint ventures, corporate governance matters, commercial contract negotiations, licensing matters, Securities and Exchange Commission reporting and compliance, and employment and compensation arrangements. She also advises venture capital and private equity funds in connection with financings and other transactions. She has served as counsel to companies in diverse industries, including biotechnology, life sciences, medical device, telecommunications, manufacturing, retail, hardware, software, information technology, internet and SaaS. She has also served as in-house legal counsel to companies in diagnostics, telecommunications, consulting, retail, manufacturing services, software and SaaS. Her clients have ranged from startups to public companies with hundreds of millions of dollars in annual revenues.
- Served as Corporate Counsel to PacketVideo Corporation on general corporate matters, corporate governance, M&A, commercial contracts, software licensing, and over $100 million in private financings.
- Served as Assistant General Counsel to Hologic, Inc. (formerly Gen-Probe Incorporated) on general corporate matters, corporate governance, M&A, SEC compliance, commercial contracts, licensing matters, and investor relations.
- Served as General Counsel for BevMo on general corporate and commercial matters.
- Served as General Counsel for Semtek Innovative Solutions Corp., an endpoint encryption solution company, on general corporate matters, commercial matters, licensing matters, and on Semtek’s sale to VeriFone.
- Served as General Counsel for FMG Suite, Inc., the category leader in cloud-based marketing automation for financial services professionals on general corporate matters and commercial matters, intellectual property matters, privacy and cyber security matters, M&A, licensing matters, including negotiation of FMG’s license of Vestorly, Inc.’s Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven software, and on FMG’s sale to Aurora Capital Partners.
- Serves as General Counsel for SMTC Corporation (formerly Nasdaq: SMTX) on general corporate matters, corporate governance, M&A, SEC compliance, commercial contracts, manufacturing agreements, facility lease negotiations, debt financings, equipment loan financings, international subsidiary management, intellectual property matters, privacy and cyber security matters, licensing matters, investor relations, and SMTC’s $172 million sale to private equity firm.
- JD, American University Washington College of Law, 1998
- BA (Political Science with Honors, International Relations Emphasis), University of California, Irvine, 1994
- BA (Social Ecology; Criminal Justice Emphasis), University of California, Irvine, 1994
- San Diego Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- St. Germaine Children’s Charity, Executive Board Member, 2011 – 2020