People's Republic of China (Qualified)
3000 El Camino Real | 5 Palo Alto Square Suite 400, Palo Alto, CA 94306
Julian counsels corporate clients from startups to multinational corporations on venture capital, mergers and acquisitions, foreign direct investment, both inbound into and outbound from China, finance and banking. His clients include innovative life sciences and technology entrepreneurs. Julian has also represented investors and portfolio companies in private equity and venture investments. As part of his cross-border Asia Pacific practice he has experience ensuring compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) as well as Chinese anti-bribery law counseling and investigations. He is admitted to practice law in the U.S. and qualified in China.
- Represented a biopharma company in its $30-million Series Seed and Series A financings.
- Represented an artificial intelligence company in its $80-million Series A financing.
- Represented a gene editing and stem cell company in its $20-million Series D financing.
- Represented a liquid biopsy technology company in its $5-million Series Seed financings.
- Represented a prestigious institutional investor in its $5-million investment in an ion mobility solution company.
- Represented a synthetic biology and automation company in its $5-million Series Seed and Series Pre-A financings.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented an economic development agency of the Beijing municipal government in its $300-million acquisition of an American semiconductor manufacturing company.
- Represented a private equity consortium in its $500-million acquisition of a privately held semiconductor company.
- Represented an institutional investor in its $25-million exit transaction.
- Represented a gaming hardware company in a $10-million assets acquisition.
- Represented a Chinese consumer electronics company in various overseas expansions, including establishment of a research and development center, employment, and venture capital investment.
- Represented an international security systems company in its $70-million acquisition of a firefighting equipment manufacturer.
- Best for Foreign Direct Investment, California, Acquisition International, 2015
- Certificate, Artificial Intelligence, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2020
- JD, University of Washington School of Law, 2013
- LLM, Shanghai University of International Business and Economics, 2004
- Certificate, Chinese and American Studies, The Johns Hopkins University-Nanjing University Center for Chinese and American Studies, 2003
- LLB (International Economic Law), Soochow University, 2001
- The American Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai (AmCham Shanghai), member
- “On the Move,” L.A. Daily Journal, December 1, 2022.
- Cruz, Adrian. “Procopio Cory Snags International M&A Attorney in Silicon Valley,” Law360, November 14, 2022.
- “On the Move: Tracking the Ins and Outs of California Lawyers,” The Recorder, November 11, 2022.