US Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit;
US Patent & Trademark Office;
USDC, Central District of California;
USDC, Eastern District of Texas;
USDC, Eastern District of Wisconsin;
USDC, Northern District of California;
USDC, Southern District of California;
USDC, Southern District of New York;
USDC, Western District of New York;
USDC, Western District of Texas
1117 S. California Ave., Suite 200, Palo Alto, CA 94304-1106
Jack focuses on intellectual property and commercial litigation, with experience in fact and expert discovery, claim construction, motion practice, and trial. He has litigated cases in district and state courts as well as before the International Trade Commission (ITC). Jack is also registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Jack brings electrical engineering training and technical experience to his clients, including software, mobile App technologies, digital media & entertainment, machine learning, consumer electronics, semiconductors, telecommunications, mobile payment, internet, network, medical, and mechanical engineering. Other intellectual property experience includes copyright/DMCA, trade dress, and trade secret matters. Jack’s commercial litigation experience includes unfair competition and breach of contract actions.
Prior to his career as an attorney, Jack worked as an engineer at a large Silicon Valley high-tech company and as a research assistant at a photonics laboratory.
Jack is a board member of the Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Silicon Valley as well as a co-chair of its Pro Bono, Intellectual Property, and Data Privacy & Cybersecurity Committees.
- Represented industry-leading mobile app companies in various IP matters.
- Represented smartphone makers in patent infringement cases in the Eastern District of Texas, Western District of Texas, District of Delaware, Northern District of California, and Central District of California.
- Represented China-based high-tech, consumer product, and medical device companies in various IP and commercial dispute matters in district courts and in ITC investigations.
- Represented Taiwan-based companies in litigation matters involving consumer products.
- Represented U.S. semiconductor companies in various patent infringement matters.
- Represented a major European medical device company in various patent infringement matters.
- Pro Bono Champion Recognition
- JD, Washington University in St. Louis School of Law (Primary Editor, Washington University Global Studies Law Review), 2010
- BS (Electrical Engineering, Honor Standing), University of Toronto, 2006
- Moderator. “Trade Secret and Punitive Damages in IP,” APABA Silicon Valley, Intellectual Property Committee event, December 1, 2021.
- Moderator. “Privacy Law Jurisprudence — Hot Topics in Privacy in China, Korea, and the U.S.,” APABA Silicon Valley, Data Privacy & Cybersecurity Committee event, May 13, 2021.
- Moderator. “APABA Pro Bono – Opportunities & Inspiring Stories,” APABA Silicon Valley, Pro Bono Committee event, April 27, 2021.
- Moderator. “U.S. and International Perspectives on Privacy Laws,” APABA Silicon Valley, Data Privacy & Cybersecurity Committee event, June 16, 2020.
- Moderator. “Trade Secret Law – U.S. and International Perspectives,” APABA Silicon Valley, Intellectual Property Committee event, June 15, 2020.
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Silicon Valley (Board Member; Co-Chair of Pro Bono, Judiciary, Intellectual Property, and Data Privacy & Cybersecurity Committees)
- Inter-Pacific Bar Association (Member)
- Cruz, Adrian. “Procopio Adds IP Litigation Partner in Silicon Valley,” Law360, December 20, 2021.