Alex represents clients in various complex business, corporate and real estate litigation matters. He has represented plaintiffs and defendants in actions involving fraud, unfair competition, breach of contract, business interference, partnership disputes and disputes over corporate control in state and federal courts and arbitration. Alex also has extensive experience defending companies in class, collective and representative actions involving wage and hour, misclassification, consumer fraud and unfair business practice disputes.
- Obtained $26 million settlement as member of trial team in fraud, California False Claims Act and breach of contract litigation against multi-billion dollar foreign software company.
- Prepared all briefing on successful petition for writ of mandamus reinstating client’s right to a jury trial. In re County of Orange, 784 F.3d 520 (9th Cir. 2015), cert. denied 136 S.Ct. 808.
- Won binding arbitration compelling former officer to return trade secret and other materials to corporate client.
- Won binding arbitration award on motion to dismiss former employee’s lawsuit against national trucking company alleging various claims based upon intentional and negligent misrepresentation.
- Successfully defended private golf club against claims of sexual harassment and unlawful termination resulting in a favorable settlement.
- Successfully represented electronics company in defense of claims for unlawful termination and hostile work environment resulting in a nominal settlement.
- Successfully opposed writ of mandate petition demanding reinstatement of a terminated employee on behalf of public entity client.
- Represented client charged with vehicular manslaughter resulting in a dismissal of all charges.
- 40 Under 40, SD Metro Magazine, 2020
- Super Lawyers® Rising Star, 2014-2018
- JD, University of San Diego School of Law, 2008
- BA (Political Science), University of California Los Angeles, 2005
- American Inns of Court – Hon. William B. Enright Inn of Court, Barrister
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association