As litigants and courts alike begin to shift toward returning to work and making adjustments to the “new normal,” organizations and their counsel will need to be prepared to anticipate and deal with the impacts of COVID-19 on pending cases and future litigation. Join Procopio litigators Sean Sullivan and Elaine Harwell next Thursday, June 18th at 10:00 am for this complimentary webinar as they discuss these unprecedented times, including such issues as:
- Impacts to Litigation as a Result of COVID-19:
- Extended court timelines and proceedings.
- When will civil jury trials return and in what form?
- Considerations for implementing new strategies in pending and future cases.
- Complications to Discovery in Pending Litigation:
- Issues raised by remote working environments.
- Social distancing and its impact on discovery tools, such as remote depositions and witness interviews.
- What is lost in a “virtual” litigation world?
- Anticipating Post-COVID-19 Litigation Risks:
- Do grounds already exist to institute a litigation hold?
- What are some possible hidden litigation risks for businesses upon re-opening?
DATE AND TIME
Thursday, Jun 18, 2020, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. PDT