In this first segment of the Licensing & IP Transaction series, Procopio Partner Eli Mansour will discuss what you need to know about licensing your product and licensing from others. Join Access Silicon Valley and Procopio on November 28 in Palo Alto, CA for this interactive, informative session. Reserve your seat today.
The right licensing strategy allows a business to generate much-needed revenues and maximize profit while maintaining essential control over their innovations. Before that strategy can be implemented, however, the company needs to have an understanding of what they actually own that’s licensable, and the various forms of intellectual property—including patents, copyrights, and trade secrets—they might choose to license. The complexity increases when you consider the spectrum of rights packages that can be licensed, as well as the range of federal and state laws and regulations governing those agreements.
Startup issues that will be covered in this workshop (among others) set the stage for the three Licensing seminars that follow):
- IP 101 – Review of Intellectual Property Rights (patents, copyrights, trade secrets, trademarks)
- How do you determine what you actually own
- Best practices for startups
- How do you clean up your existing Intellectual Property Rights
- How do you successfully manage IP Rights on a go forward basis
- Employee handbook
- Patent assignments
- Non-citizen employees
- U.S. employees outside of California
- Intro to Licensing
- What is licensing?
- Why license?
- How is licensing accomplished?
- How do you determine what to license?
- Using licensing to fund development
- How to monetize your IP
CLICK HERE to register for this Access Silicon Valley event.
Date & Time
Patrick Ross, Senior Manager of Marketing & Communications
Suzie Jayyusi, Events Planner