The Privacy Tsunami! with Keizai Silicon Valley
The GDPR is here, the CCPA is coming. Have you prepared?
You may have heard about the alphabet soup of new privacy legislation, including Europe's GDPR and California's effort to storm the stage, the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act). New privacy laws are upending the handling of consumer information and forcing companies to reevaluate business models. The CCPA arrives on our doorstep January 1, 2020, but don't abandon all hope just yet as a journey of a thousand miles begins with that single step. Join us at Procopio's Silicon Valley office in Palo Alto, California, for a seminar we are hosting with Keizai Silicon Valley and moderated by Procopio Senior Counsel Elaine Harwell. Watch your step as we explore the significantly expanded scope of privacy obligations for businesses operating in California. Indeed, if you do business in California this is one law you can't afford to ignore!
At the seminar you can expect:
- An overview of the CCPA and the GDPR, including who it applies to, the types of data covered, the rights conferred on consumers;
- The key similarities and differences between the GDPR and the CCPA;
- The status of legislative amendments relating to the CCPA;
- What enforcement may look like for the CCPA;
- The potential impact of federal privacy legislation; and
- Practical steps your business can take now to prepare for the CCPA, including lessons and takeaways from the GDPR that you can use for the CCPA
- Elaine Harwell (Moderator) - Senior Counsel, Procopio
- Jestlan Hopkins - Manager, Private Services, KPMG
- Martin Rauchbbauer - Austrian Consul, Open Austria
Date: Tuesday, September 24, 2019
Time: 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM - Registration and Networking | 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM - Program | 8:00 PM - 8:45 PM - Networking
Venue: Procopio,1117 S California Ave, Suite 200, Palo Alto, California 94304
Fees: $15: Early Bird Discount for first 30 registrations by Sunday, September 8 (11PM), $20: Regular Registration by Friday, September 20 (11 PM), $35: Late Registration by Sunday, September 22 (Noon), $50: Walk-ins (Seats are limited and may not be available)
Food and beverages will be served.
To register for this event, please click here.