2019 USD-PITI International Tax Conference
The 15th annual International Tax Conference is around the corner. The University of San Diego School of Law - Procopio International Tax Institute will gather the most prominent international tax professionals including numerous government attorneys. The conference addresses new developments in the law, specifically including newly proposed and final Treasury Regulations. This year’s conference places a lot of focus on the international new U.S. federal tax reform, the so called Tax Cuts & Jobs Act ("TCJA").
The conference will be held October 17-18, 2019, on the University of San Diego campus at the Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace and Justice.
Course topics include:
- Mexico's Tax System Before a New International Order
- Identifying the LIne Between Avoidance and Evasion: Global Criminal Tax Enforcement
- IRS Update on International Tax TCJA Guidance
- The Calm Before the Storm: §965 Mandatory Deemed Repatriation
- New Economic Substance Requirements for Cross-Border Structures
- Status of International Treaties Regarding Tax Matters
- Cross Border M&A in a TCJA World
- Living in a Post-Gracian World: Withholding on Transfers of Partnership Interests Under §1446(f) & New 864(c)(8) Rules
- Aggressive International Tax Planning & the Ethical Tax Lawyer
- International Corporate Planning and Legal Entities (U.S. / MX)
- Pre-Immigration Planning for Latin American Families
- The Great Challenge of Taxing New Digital Services
- 100% NOT "GILTI": The New Global INtangible Low Taxed Income Regime: Opportunities and Pitfalls
- IRS International Tax Enforcement in a Post OVDP World
- New Judicial Precedents in International Tax Matters (U.S. / MX)
- International Asset Forfeitures: New IRC § 7623(c) "Proceeds" - The Game Changer
- International Tax Directors from Mexico
- Non-U.S. Persons and U.S. Financial Accounts: Hiding in Plain Sight Through the FACTA Loophole
Registration fees include access to all conference panels, presentation materials, free transportation between the university and our designated hotel, simultaneous interpretation devices, all social and networking events, and all food and beverage during the conference.
Learn more and register here.