An informative all-day webinar on August 11th will address relevant topics catered to architects, engineers, and contractors throughout California with experts in the Construction industry. Procopio Partner Mary Salamone will conduct a presentation titled “Examining Legal Issues and Contract Disputes” with topics changed conditions; project documentation; Delays and acceleration; handling payment claims and final payments; resolving disputes through mediation, arbitration, litigation; and understanding contractual and statutory warranties.
- Understanding Construction Contract Essentials
- Examining contract terminology: parties, consideration, term, performance, substantial performance, breach, remedies, damages
- Studying roles and relationships of project participants: owners, architects/engineers, construction managers, contractors, subs, and suppliers
- Understanding the project delivery system: traditional design-bid-build, design-build, construction manager at risk, multiple prime contractors, owner control
- Understanding types of construction contracts: lump sum, cost plus, time and materials, unit pricing
- Exploring the law of construction contract interpretation
You’ll be able to:
- Understand types of construction contracts, including lump sum, cost-plus, time and materials, and unit pricing.
- Examine bid forms and bid bonds.
- Explore contract conditions and contract modifications.
- Discuss changes and change orders.
- Resolve contract disputes through mediation, arbitration, and litigation.
Date & Time
Mary Salamone and others
6.0 CE Hours
International Code Council