Although the time to commence or respond to formal claims may still be in the future, the time is now to prepare yourself and your business to best leverage possible solutions and avoid litigation.
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused massive economic disruptions for businesses large and small. No company wants to find itself in litigation, yet numerous commercial contract disputes are already emerging as a result of:
- large-scale cancellations or postponements of orders;
- disruptions to key supply chains;
- restrictions on business operations;
- the accessibility and cost of credit issues;
- the patchwork of state, local and federal laws that have been enacted in response to the virus and its effects; and
- the risks of working and transacting business remotely.
Join three seasoned Procopio attorneys in a complimentary Q&A webinar on May 5th at 11:30am, “Avoiding Litigation While Resolving Commercial Contract Disputes During COVID-19.” Partners Mindy Morton, Robert Sloss and Edward Walton will respond to your questions and address key issues related to conflict resolution and litigation avoidance with a focus on contract provisions, including force majeure contract clauses. Every contract is unique and provisions are always subject to interpretation, but a solid understanding of the parameters of your contracts and possible risks will better prepare you when working with counsel on avoiding litigation and resolving disputes.
DATE AND TIME
Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. PDT