525 B Street, Suite 2200
San Diego, CA 92101
- Corporate and Securities
- Intellectual Property
- Mergers & Acquisitions and Strategic Joint Ventures
- Technology Transactions
William C. Belanger represents both private and publicly held companies in acquisitions and divestitures and a wide range of technology transactions. William’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, technology and intellectual property licensing, and general corporate, securities and commercial matters. He has extensive experience in international and high-technology transactions including within the e-commerce, software, semiconductor, telecommunications, battery, manufacturing, supply, distribution, and sports equipment industries. William is also co-chair of Procopio’s Licensing Practice Group and has extensive knowledge of the legal and business issues inherent in licensing transactions.
- Represented NASDAQ-listed corporation in sale of semiconductor test interface board business and related assets to affiliate of Chinese publicly-traded corporation involving offices in the U.S., United Kingdom, Germany, China, Singapore, Malaysia and Philippines.
- Negotiation and preparation of Software License Agreement between wireless embedded software technology company and publicly-traded multinational software technology corporation.
- Represented private health care company in acquisition of health care technology assets from NYSE-listed corporation.
- Represented private automated test equipment technology company operating in semiconductor industry in sale to private acquirer backed by global investment firm, involving offices in the U.S., United Kingdom, Malta, Italy, France, Germany, Singapore, Taiwan, Philippines, Malaysia and Thailand.
- Represented private health care anti-fraud, waste and abuse software company in merger with NYSE-listed corporation.
- Represented private biomechanical software modeling company in merger with NYSE-listed corporation.
- Represented public Singapore company in connection with its acquisition of target public company international assets, including intellectual property assets, out of bankruptcy.
- Represented private technology company in sale and partnering venture with public investment bank, involving offices in the U.S., United Kingdom, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand.
- Represented private smart battery software company in merger with NASDAQ-listed corporation.
- Represented public Singapore company in its acquisition of tangible and intellectual property assets, including numerous international patents and trademarks, from public Delaware corporation.
- Represented Canadian software company in its acquisition of intellectual property assets, including software, copyrights and international trademarks, from California corporation and New Zealand corporation.
- Represented public company in numerous stock and asset acquisitions.
- Represented public and private companies in numerous licensing and commercial transactions.
- Assisted privately-held medical corporation with merger into NYSE-listed corporation.
- Negotiation and preparation of Technology License Agreement for high-tech OEM in connection with acquisition and license-back of patented computerized technology within specified rebreather fields of use.
- Negotiation and preparation of Software License Agreement for legislative software technology company for use with legislative branches and regulatory agencies of government.
- Preparation of Exclusive Patent License Agreement for high-tech OEM in connection with the worldwide production and sale of co-marketed products within sports industry.
- Negotiation and preparation of Mutual OEM International Supply and Licensing Agreement between multinational corporations.
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent Rating
- AmLaw Top Rated Lawyer in Intellectual Property Law, 2018
- 2018 Corporate/Strategic Deal of the Year winner, M&A Advisor Awards
- “Top Lawyers,” San Diego Magazine, 2014-2018
- Life Lounge San Diego – Founding Member
- 6 Degrees Elite – Member
- University Club – Member
- MBA, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, ranked number one in his class, 1999
- JD, Loyola Law School Los Angeles, magna cum laude, 1993
- BS (Business Administration), California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, summa cum laude, 1988